Anybody gone yet ?

Ivyhouse

Star Player
So it looks like the same crew will be returning for training then. No bids for our cash in the bank superstars. Danjuma, Billing, Lerma, Brooks, Kelly, Stan. Has CCV gone back yet ? Does Bego fancy another year in the Championship ?
Other than last season I’ve not followed the fortunes of other clubs who come down. Do they tend to keep what is in essence the core of a Premier League team to languish in the lower reach. Does the wage bill slowly come down exponentially? Perhaps they’re all still on holiday and it’ll kick off in the next week or two.

it will. the transfer market will go crazy in the last few weeks, as everyone is waiting to see their best options.

The whole transfer market seems very quiet.

I can imagine the board would have assumed someone like Danjuma would have gone for a fair fee by now. I certainly thought there would be a couple of quick outgoings in the couple weeks after the playoff defeat.

The whole transfer market seems very quiet.

I can imagine the board would have assumed someone like Danjuma would have gone for a fair fee by now. I certainly thought there would be a couple of quick outgoings in the couple weeks after the playoff defeat.
Not a lot of money about due to COVID it would seem. There has actually been a fair bit of activity, it’s just most of the signings at the top level have been pretty low profile so far. Norwich and Watford both signed wingers from abroad, Villa have signed Buendia. Burnley have signed Collins from Stoke. The clubs we’d expect to be after our ‘stars’ are active and bidding, maybe our lot just aren’t as good as they like to think, I’m sure the likes of Danjuma are generating interest but for their not even have been a bid yet perhaps clubs are pursuing alternative cheaper targets first before resorting to the more expensive option. I’d imagine you could get a player of similar quality from abroad for a fraction of the fee, which is precisely what Norwich have done by signing Rashica for 10m. A winger with a very respectable record in the German top league.

Early days yet.....Wilson came back for training last season despite everybody knowing that he was going.....expect the same will happen with the likes of Danjuma.

Early days yet.....Wilson came back for training last season despite everybody knowing that he was going.....expect the same will happen with the likes of Danjuma.
Could be. Although I guess the case of Wilson was slightly different to most of the current lot, in that we actively had to look to offload him due to his enormous wages.

I can't see anyone paying what we'd want for danjuma
Hope that’s not the case tbh. We’ve seen the damaging effect of holding onto a player who doesn’t want to be here. We held firm with the King asking price last summer and look where that got us. It’s a potentially awkward position to be in, we don’t want to sell for less than what he’s worth, but we also don’t want him here if his heart isn’t in it anymore.

Hope that’s not the case tbh. We’ve seen the damaging effect of holding onto a player who doesn’t want to be here. We held firm with the King asking price last summer and look where that got us. It’s a potentially awkward position to be in, we don’t want to sell for less than what he’s worth, but we also don’t want him here if his heart isn’t in it anymore.
I think King is the only example of us not getting what we're asking in recent years tbf......the other players we sold last season all went for as much as we could've hoped for..... Danjuma will be no different.

I think King is the only example of us not getting what we're asking in recent years tbf......the other players we sold last season all went for as much as we could've hoped for..... Danjuma will be no different.
Hopefully! 20m for Wilson was a good deal, as was 18m for Ramsdale. 40m for Ake was exceptional. For Danjuma you’d have to be looking at 25m, not entirely certain we would get that if it was the asking price, but hopefully we do.

The difference is that the others had proved they could perform in the PL - Danjuma has not yet done that. I am not sure how much teams will be willing to fork out for an "unproven risk" in the current financial climate.

The difference is that the others had proved they could perform in the PL - Danjuma has not yet done that. I am not sure how much teams will be willing to fork out for an "unproven risk" in the current financial climate.
Ming's was hardly proven in the PL and we got top dollar for him likewise Ramsdale who just had an 'ok' season..
..plenty of championship players go for great money and there's no doubt Danjuma was probably in the top 3-4 of those last season.

Ming's was hardly proven in the PL and we got top dollar for him likewise Ramsdale who just had an 'ok' season..
..plenty of championship players go for great money and there's no doubt Danjuma was probably in the top 3-4 of those last season.
Ramsdale had just received our player of the season award, to say he had an ‘ok’ season is a very harsh assessment! Mings had already been on loan at Villa and they were desperate to keep him, slightly different. I have no doubt there will be interest in Danjuma, but I think it will come down to how badly a club is really prepared to push for him. Fact remains, he is unproven in the Prem, and his record at the top level in Belgium and Holland is respectable but hardly anything to shout home about, so there is a bit of a question mark over whether he can make the step up. When there are players in his position like Roshica available, who has consistently proven that he can produce at the top level, for under half of what Danjuma would cost, they are naturally going to be the more attractive option. Personally I hope that a club does really take a liking to him and pay up, because I don’t want to watch players who don’t want to be here. I’d say his departure is likely but I wouldn’t go as far to say it was certain.

;