Are we missing a trick with Arnie?

Topfarrier

UTC Legend
The guy is a finisher the like of which we haven't seen since Brett......he really should be playing upfront for us....his chance conversation rate is mental.
I like Dom..he brings a lot to the team...well apart from goals and thats really what we want from a striker isn't it? ......tbf to Dom he looks a lot better when we play 433 with players in around him as opposed to the lone striker role he had yesterday....actually i think Sam is more suited to that role than Dom.
The added bonus of playing Danjuma upfront of course is that we could return Stan back to his best position.

The guy is a finisher the like of which we haven't seen since Brett......he really should be playing upfront for us....his chance conversation rate is mental.
I like Dom..he brings a lot to the team...well apart from goals and thats really what we want from a striker isn't it? ......tbf to Dom he looks a lot better when we play 433 with players in around him as opposed to the lone striker role he had yesterday....actually i think Sam is more suited to that role than Dom.
The added bonus of playing Danjuma upfront of course is that we could return Stan back to his best position.
I like this idea but then you have to think whether Arnie has good enough hold up play or is good enough in the air. The way we are playing at the moment is a bit more direct so may not suit him as a lone striker. We could maybe have Dom or Sam next to him in a 4-4-2? But we would lose Phil, which would be a massive loss to the team at the moment. Maybe we could just push Phil further up the pitch next to him when we intend to go long and use him as a focal point with Arnie spinning in behind? Definitely an interesting prospect. No time better to try it if we are 2 up against Coventry.

I like this idea but then you have to think whether Arnie has good enough hold up play or is good enough in the air. The way we are playing at the moment is a bit more direct so may not suit him as a lone striker. We could maybe have Dom or Sam next to him in a 4-4-2? But we would lose Phil, which would be a massive loss to the team at the moment. Maybe we could just push Phil further up the pitch next to him when we intend to go long and use him as a focal point with Arnie spinning in behind? Definitely an interesting prospect. No time better to try it if we are 2 up against Coventry.
I''ve no doubt about his hold up play...great first touch and vision.....look at our first goal against Boro....held the defender off with his back to goal and then played Phil in.

Think Danjuma is at his most dangerous when he has the ball out wide and then cuts in for his shot.

Yesterday as soon as he got that ball I knew he was going to tuck it away and he did in his normal style.

He is best in a one on one situation.

Think Danjuma is at his most dangerous when he has the ball out wide and then cuts in for his shot.

Yesterday as soon as he got that ball I knew he was going to tuck it away and he did in his normal style.

As Eddie once said to Josh King "You are much harder to mark on the wing" the same applies to Danjuma.

I posted some weeks ago that Dan up top would be something worth trying, with probably Dom in the No.10 slot (although Bill is certainly staking a claim for that shirt!).
To me, Dan seems to be in the Tony Funnell (for us old gits!) or Danny Ings mould, not big in stature but quick, with clever feet and a tremendous shot. He might not possess the instinct’s of a true “goal poacher” or great heading ability, but surely the coaching staff have tried this option?

We only think he's better coming in from the left because thats what we see him do.....what else could he do if played centrally?.....the only time we've seen him play in the centre was against Norwich where he scored coming in from the right......against Birmingham we saw Jack play Arnie in through the middle and he tucked it away as he always does......lets face it we would've been shocked if he had missed....can we honestly say that about our other strikers?

Jason liked him wide but told him to stay up and not track back. However this causes issues when full backs attack us. Clearly JW wants him to track back more. Prefer to use his energies attacking tbh

We see players for 60-180 minutes of their working week.

The manager and coaches get to see them for a whole lot more. We should trust them more.

It's a useful thought experiment but with 10 games of the season left, now isn't the time to try something new. Besides, who then plays left wing.

For me, Solanke takes a number of matches to get into a rhythm, and prior to his injury was looking in improving form. His movement also creates a lot of the space Danjuma exploits. With greater threat from the right, defenders wouldn't know which way to face.

Stick not Twist.

We see players for 60-180 minutes of their working week.

The manager and coaches get to see them for a whole lot more. We should trust them more.

It's a useful thought experiment but with 10 games of the season left, now isn't the time to try something new. Besides, who then plays left wing.

For me, Solanke takes a number of matches to get into a rhythm, and prior to his injury was looking in improving form. His movement also creates a lot of the space Danjuma exploits. With greater threat from the right, defenders wouldn't know which way to face.

Stick not Twist.
As i said Stan would play on the left which would provide us with an extra goal threat we don't currently have with him playing on the right.

Imho stan better wide left than wide right and would better support the left back position, which had been an issue this season in part as it’s been left exposed.

However while billing is chipping in with goals and Dan delivering them best to leave as is. Certainly it’s a tactic during the game and enables brooks to come in.

It’s nice problem to have! Also worth remembering that a team means some individuals fitting in for the good of the whole.

;