Are we missing a trick with Arnie?

Harsh. I think he works bloody hard and he’s our top scorer.
As our Centre forward he should be our top scorer tbf ....he should be miles clear... the fact is that he only has 1 more goal than either Stan or Arnie with more game time and the fact that Stan has played out of position for 3/4 of the season .......hard work isn't enough to warrant a place imo especially as our striker.....both Sam Surridge and Shane Long work hard as well but what good is it if they can't hit a barn door?

As our Centre forward he should be our top scorer tbf ....he should be miles clear... the fact is that he only has 1 more goal than either Stan or Arnie with more game time and the fact that Stan has played out of position for 3/4 of the season .......hard work isn't enough to warrant a place imo especially as our striker.....both Sam Surridge and Shane Long work hard as well but what good is it if they can't hit a barn door?
Most top scoring strikers take penalties. He doesn't, so that's a reason Stans total is so high.

Fletch was never high scoring, but still massively important to the team.

It is if he's creating space and chances for others. 33 goals from our front 3 is decent by anyone's standards.

Most top scoring strikers take penalties. He doesn't, so that's a reason Stans total is so high.

Fletch was never high scoring, but still massively important to the team.
Have we had that many penalties this season?.....I can't think of too many 2 or 3 perhaps.

Does he create space for others though?....he doesn't have the pace to stretch defences.

I think he occupies defenders yes. I would imagine that he'd feature fairly high on the list if you did a poll of Championship defenders least favourite players to play against.

I do see your point to an extent, my gut feel with him is that good Championship forward is his level but I also think he's done well for us in the main.

I think he occupies defenders yes. I would imagine that he'd feature fairly high on the list if you did a poll of Championship defenders least favourite players to play against.

I do see your point to an extent, my gut feel with him is that good Championship forward is his level but I also think he's done well for us in the main.
I don't really want to knock him tbh as he's a player that's hard not to like but I thought he would really thrive this season.....I just don't think he has improved from the start of the season.
I think Sam or Long would occupy defenders just as much tbh and Danjuma would give them a whole different set of problems.......I bet if you asked any opposition defender which forward of ours they want to mark it wouldn't be Arnie.

Not a terrible shout if you’re talking about playing him in a front 2 with a big physical forward to play off, but as a lone forward not a chance. Doesn’t have the physicality required to hold off a defender with his back to goal on a regular basis, he’d be a threat in behind but savvy championship defenders would drop deep to negate his pace. It would have to be with the correct partner. I do feel though that his best attribute is ability to drive at players from deep at pace, so like Josh King (from an attacking perspective) I feel he is better suited as a wide forward/winger.

I don't really want to knock him tbh as he's a player that's hard not to like but I thought he would really thrive this season.....I just don't think he has improved from the start of the season.
I think Sam or Long would occupy defenders just as much tbh and Danjuma would give them a whole different set of problems.......I bet if you asked any opposition defender which forward of ours they want to mark it wouldn't be Arnie.
To balance this out, how isolated do we leave him on a consistent basis? Lost count of the number of flick ons he’s won this season but with nobody running beyond him to pick them up. I don’t think we are set up to get the best out of him tbh. I agree though, I had hoped for better from him though.

Not a terrible shout if you’re talking about playing him in a front 2 with a big physical forward to play off, but as a lone forward not a chance. Doesn’t have the physicality required to hold off a defender with his back to goal on a regular basis, he’d be a threat in behind but savvy championship defenders would drop deep to negate his pace. It would have to be with the correct partner. I do feel though that his best attribute is ability to drive at players from deep at pace, so like Josh King (from an attacking perspective) I feel he is better suited as a wide forward/winger.
Actually think Arnie is very good with his back to goal as we saw against Boro for Billings goal.....he's no weakling tbf....he's a powerful lad.

Actually think Arnie is very good with his back to goal as we saw against Boro for Billings goal.....he's no weakling tbf....he's a powerful lad.
Possibly, that is one instance but I’m struggling to remember many others. But tbf that could just be because he hasn’t been in that situation very often! He could possibly do a job there, but I feel that you wouldn’t be making best use of his talents (ability to run with the ball.)

To balance this out, how isolated do we leave him on a consistent basis? Lost count of the number of flick ons he’s won this season but with nobody running beyond him to pick them up. I don’t think we are set up to get the best out of him tbh. I agree though, I had hoped for better from him though.
We can't have everything....we can't expect our wide men to track back and then be able to run beyond Dom when it's launched long.....the problem we often have is that poor control let's him down when the ball is played up to him....if he was able to hold it up and then play it off to one of them he wouldn't look so isolated.....what's the point of flicking it on?

Possibly, that is one instance but I’m struggling to remember many others. But tbf that could just be because he hasn’t been in that situation very often! He could possibly do a job there, but I feel that you wouldn’t be making best use of his talents (ability to run with the ball.)
Just because he's playing upfront wouldn't stop him from picking the ball up from wide.

Said this a while ago but seems even more apt now after his recent finishes...

Danjuma is so much better when he doesn’t think and just has to do something in the heat of the moment. Does seem an “instinct player” when he gets the ball, quickly fashions a shot or takes someone on

What he’s not so good at is getting the ball, thinking about it and slowing play down, gives the defender time to settle and more often than not he just runs into them

I like the idea of using him as the leading striker with Solanke as a wide target man especially with the full-backs being held back.

Said this a while ago but seems even more apt now after his recent finishes...

Danjuma is so much better when he doesn’t think and just has to do something in the heat of the moment. Does seem an “instinct player” when he gets the ball, quickly fashions a shot or takes someone on

What he’s not so good at is getting the ball, thinking about it and slowing play down, gives the defender time to settle and more often than not he just runs into them
The same applies to cook Mepham Stacey Kelly.and begovic. With the ball at their feet and time to think the decision making isn't always good.

I think theres a lot more to it than meets our eyes. he has a good finish, great, doesn't mean he'd be half as effective playing in a central role.

The way I look at his, he's played under several managers in his career and none of them have played him centrally so I imagine he doesn;t have the attributes needed to play there.

To me, a big part of his game is cutting in from out wide.

I think theres a lot more to it than meets our eyes. he has a good finish, great, doesn't mean he'd be half as effective playing in a central role.

The way I look at his, he's played under several managers in his career and none of them have played him centrally so I imagine he doesn;t have the attributes needed to play there.
Players do evolve you know....plenty of great strikers start their career as wingers.......not sure he's had that many managers either.

;