Are you trying to avoid promotion?

Stat fans - what’s the lowest the reigning champions have ever finished in the PL or old division 1?
I don't know the stats exactly, but in the Premier League era, Chelsea and Leicester share the lowest finishing position for champions I'm sure. I saw something the other day that was saying that Liverpool were on course to have the biggest points drop of any champion in the same period. That was before the Chelsea game I think.

The PL and Division 1 are the Same Thing....we didn't suddenly have a 'new' League for the 92-93 season...it was the same clubs as the season before!..no big deal..and included Oldham and Wimbledon !

The bloody game had been going on since the 1860s...it didn't suddenly begin with the bloody PL!

I don't know the stats exactly, but in the Premier League era, Chelsea and Leicester share the lowest finishing position for champions I'm sure. I saw something the other day that was saying that Liverpool were on course to have the biggest points drop of any champion in the same period. That was before the Chelsea game I think.
Ipswich finished in 17th position back in 1963, the year after they were 1st Division champions.

SU, West Brom and one of Fulham, Brighton or NU. If we don't go up to the PL, which would you have join us in the Championship?

I see Fulham’s last game of the season is at home against Newcastle U.

What has happened to Liverpool?

Beaten at home 0-1 by Fulham.
Liverpool are my other team I follow, they are I know a different level to us but seem to be having same problems as us can’t defend and do not be able to break teams down who sit in and defend,

As I say, Leeds are the lowest finishing champions in the PL era. 17th in 1992/93.

SU, West Brom and one of Fulham, Brighton or NU. If we don't go up to the PL, which would you have join us in the Championship?
From our point of view: Brighton.
Newcastle usually boss the league on their trips down. Fulham would 'do a Norwich' already having the nucleus of a team able to challenge at the first time of asking.
Just think Brighton would be a bit more in limbo, like we were coming down.

As I say, Leeds are the lowest finishing champions in the PL era. 17th in 1992/93.
The bit I was reading looks like it's taking into account Premier League champions, not defending it in the first season of the Premier League. Because, as we all know, this is when football started! ;) Either way, I was slightly off in my memory, Leicester worse than Chelsea by a few points going by the article below.

https://www.squawka.com/en/liverpool-bad-champions-roy-keane-worst-in-premier-league-history/

;