Arnaut Danjuma

I wish they wouldn’t build our players up before the nitty gritty of the real football starts.

Been articles about him in the Echo and the latest today is from JT.

Give the lad a chance to show what he can do week in and week out on the pitch and not put pressure on him before.

Some paras from story

BOSS Jason Tindall insisted there had been “no question” over the ability of winger Arnaut Danjuma and insisted: “I'd back him to go past anyone.”

But boss Tindall believes the 23-year-old could be a key threat as his side step up their preparations for their Championship campaign.

Tindall told afcbTV: “There's no question of Arnie's ability. Give Arnie the ball and I'd back him to go past anyone.

Or you can turn it the other way and say he’s giving him confidence?

Or you can turn it the other way and say he’s giving him confidence?

We had these interviews last season from our players that they were going to do this and that.

Some of them did the ‘talk the talk, but not the ‘walk the walk’ and instead of still playing in the Premier League are in the Championship.

But it won’t matter for some as they still think of themselves as Premier League players and hope to be playing in that league in the up and coming season.

Maybe if they had done more ‘walk the walk and less ‘talk the talk’, they could be doing that with AFCB this coming season.

I am not putting Danjuma in there or others who had missed a lot of the season through injuries.

Just watched last nights interview with 'Arnie' on COWS and it was very uplifting seeing a player happy at the Club wanting to perform and confident in his ability and that of the team. The perfect antidote to the Scottish Snake.

Just watched last nights interview with 'Arnie' on COWS and it was very uplifting seeing a player happy at the Club wanting to perform and confident in his ability and that of the team. The perfect antidote to the Scottish Snake.
Interesting that he said he was happy to be a Bournemouth player for the entire season. Seems to be happy to stay here and seemed to be sending a message that he's not interested in a move to the PL in January. If he stays here and keeps performing as he can then he can experience the PL with us next season !

Slightly OT but last night's interview with Steve Cook is also very good. He sounds very determined, says he finally feels fully fit, wants to play every game and most importantly wants more from his teammates.
He seems to be enjoying his role as captain and seems determined for our performances to keep on improving. That's the sort of attitude we will need to win this league. Good stuff.

...what will get us up is the very same spirit in the squad that Howe generated with no real 'billy big bollox' in it. If JT can build a harmonious group and move those who don't buy into it then I will be happy..

Chances are though is that one or two players may want away in January and JT will need to plan for that (if he hasn't already?)

Good to hear Arnaut and Steve Cook sound positive and one would hope that the majority of the squad feel the same. We have started if not spectaculary, at least solidly and hard to beat.

Watching last night Begovic looks to have rekindled his mojo and with youngsters like Travers, Oboforh, Zemuda, Stacey, Kelly, Danjuma, Solanke, Riquelme and Surridge willing to learn and progress alongside some of the others like Lewis Cook, Mepham, Carter Vickers, and Billing who still have to truly prove themselves worthy of a regular first team place...we can bulid in with the probable reliable stalwarts Steve Cook, Gosling, Lerma, Stanislas and Smith..

on paper we should have all the components JT requires for success?

I have doubts over King and Brooks being here for the whole season tbh...

I have doubts over King and Brooks being here for the whole season tbh...
Fortunately so far we've managed perfectly well without them. I think they are the sort of players we would definitely need in the PL but at this level it looks as though we have just about enough creativity in the rest of the squad to get the results we need. Obviously we'd be better with them than without them but I think we'd just about cope if they both left in January.

If we were to get promoted though, we'd probably have to spend big to purchase replacements of similar quality, so there may be an argument for putting a crazy evaluation on Brooks again in January just to fend off potential suitors.

Fortunately so far we've managed perfectly well without them. I think they are the sort of players we would definitely need in the PL but at this level it looks as though we have just about enough creativity in the rest of the squad to get the results we need. Obviously we'd be better with them than without them but I think we'd just about cope if they both left in January.

If we were to get promoted though, we'd probably have to spend big to purchase replacements of similar quality, so there may be an argument for putting a crazy evaluation on Brooks again in January just to fend off potential suitors.
then at least we would have some PL income to invest??

Interesting that he said he was happy to be a Bournemouth player for the entire season. Seems to be happy to stay here and seemed to be sending a message that he's not interested in a move to the PL in January. If he stays here and keeps performing as he can then he can experience the PL with us next season !

Slightly OT but last night's interview with Steve Cook is also very good. He sounds very determined, says he finally feels fully fit, wants to play every game and most importantly wants more from his teammates.
He seems to be enjoying his role as captain and seems determined for our performances to keep on improving. That's the sort of attitude we will need to win this league. Good stuff.

love Arnie’s positive outlook. Just what we need.

steve cook is a superb player at this level but saw one article labelling him a “contract rebel” as running down his contract. Are there talks to sign him up?

Danjuma reminds me of ole Gunnar solchar in is playing days in the way that he is amazing in spells but has vast periods of doing nothing. I think he should be our ‘super sub’ just like ole was at Man U .

Danjuma is the best forward in his home land.

Left his shooting boots at home today.

Thought he was a bit selfish with his chances TBH today and that he could have pinked out one of the others. Of course, had he scored, I wouldn't say that:)

Just thinking back to all the chances our strikers missed in the last couple of seasons.....and then i thought of Danjuma.....has he ever missed a sitter?.....in fact does he ever miss?.....the bloke is absolutely ruthless in front of goal.....just on a different planet finishing wise to any player we have or had since perhaps Brett......could develop into a world class striker imo.

Certainly a brilliant finisher. He's a funny player really because if it weren't for his finishing you'd question his place in the starting line up - slows things down too much, tries to show off his skills rather than play the right pass early... but he's a matchwinner and you can always forgive players who bring you matchwinning moments regularly. It's what Jordon Ibe never managed to do.

Certainly a brilliant finisher. He's a funny player really because if it weren't for his finishing you'd question his place in the starting line up - slows things down too much, tries to show off his skills rather than play the right pass early... but he's a matchwinner and you can always forgive players who bring you matchwinning moments regularly. It's what Jordon Ibe never managed to do.
I get the Ibe comparison and think that Danjuma is a better player, but we've got to factor in that Ibe never had the freedom that Danjuma has now. I'm by no means saying that we'd have had the same end product, even at this level, but I suspect we'd have got a bit more from him. And no, I wouldn't take him back! I do wish him luck though, talented lad who clearly had issues.

If he can just learn to be a bit more like Brooks he will be worth an absolute fortune. As SDD says, at times he slows down our attack to take on two or three defenders, rather than looking to play a relatively easy decisive pass or tries to go it alone when there are better options. With the skills he has he should aspire to have a 50/50 goals to assists ratio. If he can learn to be a tad less selfish and more of a team player then he could become a real superstar.
Given his lack of playing time since he signed for us I can understand his desire to prove his worth but his worth need not be solely defined by the goals he scores. Hopefully over time he will come to realise this.

;