Arnaut Danjuma

It's a valid point on the thread, that he's used 'the team' not 'we'... Danjuma has made no bones about his desire to play in the PL next season, and not necessarily with us...

Shame he wont have really experienced us fans this year... and vice versa...

I'd love to see him still here but there really is no chance...

He missed off the end “and, by the way, there’s no me any more”

I’d love that not to be true, btw
I suppose it will depend on who comes in for him......I mean according to Waza he would have no chance of getting into the Southampton team!... :D....would he look any lower than that?....

I think a prem team will grab him. Still unproven in the epl but has been good in Holland and now the championship which are similar levels. Wish him the best and hope he does well in the prem

I suppose it will depend on who comes in for him......I mean according to Waza he would have no chance of getting into the Southampton team!... :D....would he look any lower than that?....
Didn’t say that. I said he’s not as good a player as Redmond or Djenepo, which I believe.

Didn’t say that. I said he’s not as good a player as Redmond or Djenepo, which I believe.

I think he might outscore them as he’s more a final product guy. Interested to see Djenepo in his second season once he settles down as the raw ability is there for a winger

Yep.....usually you can always remember chances a player misses as well as the goals.........but i remember Arnie missing a chance!..................still....he can't hold a candle to Nathan Redmond apparently.

I can't think of another player I'd rather have in a one-on-one. Like on Saturday, Dan gets it clean through with a whole half to go and you know it's a goal. Not many you can say that about.

Yep.....usually you can always remember chances a player misses as well as the goals.........but i remember Arnie missing a chance!..................still....he can't hold a candle to Nathan Redmond apparently.
This season I felt it was always going to hit the back of the net.

Which makes me amazed he missed\had a great chance saved against Watford away in the last Prem season. If I'm remembering that right, early in the season 0-0 I think it was.

Again with the sarcastic remarks not really any need lol I said I thought Redmond was a better player that’s all. I’d agree that Danjuma is a better finisher, the guy is lethal when given a presentable opportunity. But you are aware that there is more to being an attacker than just being a finisher? Danjuma is a very good championship player, but an average Premiere league one imo. The gulf in class is enormous.

Like who?

Defoe? Although obviously he wasn't really part of the team consistently.

I'd say Kings finishing was pretty sharp, although him and Wilson were blessed with more athleticism.

Also need to consider the level they played at. Pitman was prolific in league 1 and tge championship but never played in the PL... If he had more pace would have you been better than those 2? Or was his finishing ability strong relative to the lower tiers.

If his finishing was that good surely he would have played in the top tier at some point. He's not lightening fast, but not the slowest either.

I'd say Kings finishing was pretty sharp, although him and Wilson were blessed with more athleticism.

Also need to consider the level they played at. Pitman was prolific in league 1 and tge championship but never played in the PL... If he had more pace would have you been better than those 2? Or was his finishing ability strong relative to the lower tiers.

If his finishing was that good surely he would have played in the top tier at some point. He's not lightening fast, but not the slowest either.

SSD is right though, you knew as soon as Dan got clear it was a goal, which was always the same with Pitman. Callum was like that in the Championship but certainly not the PL and King was nowhere near. Both of them were probably under 50% conversion rate one on one in the PL, King definitely was.

SSD is right though, you knew as soon as Dan got clear it was a goal, which was always the same with Pitman. Callum was like that in the Championship but certainly not the PL and King was nowhere near. Both of them were probably under 50% conversion rate one on one in the PL, King definitely was.

Yeah agree about danjuma.

Would be interesting to hear from a player of coaching staff at some point.

Defoe in his first spell perhaps but that was obviously pre Pitman, not sure he showed his great finishing much in his second spell other than that worldie at Palace.

That said you might be right about it being a lower level. I think his pace is the main reason he didn't play higher though, his finishing was always bang on.

Best finisher for me in a Bournemouth shirt was Colin Clarke...like Defoe everything was on target and hard. He scored hattricks in the top flight too and a goal at the World Cup finals. Pitman and Danjuma also right up there but not top flight necessarily.

Danjuma I’d reserve judgement on. He may score regularly at top level but I wouldn’t bet heavily on it. A lot of his goals involved him beating a full back and bending it. He didn’t get many tap ins. He won’t beat Premier League full backs the way he did championship ones. His finishing may remain the same but I don’t think his opportunities to finish will.

;