Arnaut Danjuma

I think I could just about stomach selling for around £20 million (£- NOT €!!!).

I think he’s a better player than Benrahma and a little worse than Buendia. So £25-30 million is what I’d be aiming for. £15 million is pitiful.

But then he stays, gets benched for not being committed, loses motivation, gets slated by fans, loses more motivation and loses value. This happens every time clubs hold on to players who want to leave. I'm all for negotiating but if higher than 20 offers don't come in near the deadline, I'd cut losses and sell him for the above reason. Also, as for Buendia, his aggression can be a bit of a liability but he already did very well for Norwich in the Premier League season before last. Danjuna was injured so didn't prove himself. I would value Buendia higher for that very reason.

God you write some carp, his mother in law just died ffs

I wasn't referring to that....more about last season and the previous one...oh well..interpretations !
£ 25 million was spent on Jeff.. that's a huge amount for Tinpot....and we haven't progressed....what's wrong with attempting to see things from slightly obscure angles?

It would be the same if he was from the Channel Isles...and had problems starting the season...we need consistency...so I'm not too sure that xenophobia is in the equation.
Sorry if that's how it comes across..but I'm only concerned for the Clubs progress!
Don't apologise. Its what I expect.

I wasn't referring to that....more about last season and the previous one...oh well..interpretations !
£ 25 million was spent on Jeff.. that's a huge amount for Tinpot....and we haven't progressed....what's wrong with attempting to see things from slightly obscure angles?
Obscure? It's that what the BNP policies are then?

But then he stays, gets benched for not being committed, loses motivation, gets slated by fans, loses more motivation and loses value. This happens every time clubs hold on to players who want to leave. I'm all for negotiating but if higher than 20 offers don't come in near the deadline, I'd cut losses and sell him for the above reason. Also, as for Buendia, his aggression can be a bit of a liability but he already did very well for Norwich in the Premier League season before last. Danjuna was injured so didn't prove himself. I would value Buendia higher for that very reason.
Not debating Buendia is worth more, you’re quite right he is more proven at the top level. But he is not worth 15m more, no chance. I take your point to some degree, but that stance could have potentially damaging future financial implications for the club. If clubs know that we are prepared to sell bellow market value to avoid upsetting a player then obviously no club is going to pay us market value, because they know they won’t have to. The best interests of the club is always to say this is the asking price, not a penny less. It may backfire on occasion, like with Josh king and Ryan Fraser, but it’s what needs to be done long term if we are to achieve fair prices for our players. I’m afraid we can’t undersell Danjuma just because it might upset him, this is a business not a charity. If he decides to down tools after that then that’s on him, he only has to look at King and Fraser to know that wouldn’t be in his best interests.

Agree with £25mil minimum. How long is left on the contract? Obviously we don’t want another Josh King Situation, but if there is 2+ years, and the bids aren’t acceptable, he will just have to put up and shut up and prove he is worth our valuation and a team will come in for him.

To succeed as a club in this industry you have to be firm, if we show that we can be taken for a ride then we will be walked all over. So far I’d say in fairness to Blake and Hughes we have achieved market value and sometimes even above for our players, 20m for Wilson was about right especially when you take into account his unsustainable wages. 18m for Ramsdale at the time was a very good deal when you consider there is a sell on clause inserted. 40m for Ake was frankly incredible business for us. 5m for King was a bit different due to the fact he only had six months remaining.

Not debating Buendia is worth more, you’re quite right he is more proven at the top level. But he is not worth 15m more, no chance. I take your point to some degree, but that stance could have potentially damaging future financial implications for the club. If clubs know that we are prepared to sell bellow market value to avoid upsetting a player then obviously no club is going to pay us market value, because they know they won’t have to. The best interests of the club is always to say this is the asking price, not a penny less. It may backfire on occasion, like with Josh king and Ryan Fraser, but it’s what needs to be done long term if we are to achieve fair prices for our players. I’m afraid we can’t undersell Danjuma just because it might upset him, this is a business not a charity. If he decides to down tools after that then that’s on him, he only has to look at King and Fraser to know that wouldn’t be in his best interests.
Yep its a business, and that will dictate the price. People moaned that we should have let King go earlier because he sulked.

The same risk applies here. If no-one offers what you say is the right price, and we turn down bids from clubs we will surely have a disgruntled player.

Yep its a business, and that will dictate the price. People moaned that we should have let King go earlier because he sulked.

The same risk applies here. If no-one offers what you say is the right price, and we turn down bids from clubs we will surely have a disgruntled player.
We did the right thing not to sell King in the summer if our valuation was not met. What our valuation was and whether this was right is a different debate. We may well have a disgruntled player yes, but that is the price you pay for holding out for fair prices. Do you think Tottenham will sell bellow their valuation for Kane simply to avoid having a disgruntled player? Like f**k they will. The financial and long term consequences of being seen as a club who will undersell to avoid upsetting a player are far more severe than having a disgruntled player in the squad. If they really want him they will pay, 25m is in no way unreasonable.

We did the right thing not to sell King in the summer if our valuation was not met. What our valuation was and whether this was right is a different debate. We may well have a disgruntled player yes, but that is the price you pay for holding out for fair prices. Do you think Tottenham will sell bellow their valuation for Kane simply to avoid having a disgruntled player? Like f**k they will. The financial and long term consequences of being seen as a club who will undersell to avoid upsetting a player are far more severe than having a disgruntled player in the squad. If they really want him they will pay, 25m is in no way unreasonable.
Its difficult to have a reasonable discussion with someone who compares Josh Kings market value with Harry Kane.

Its difficult to have a reasonable discussion with someone who compares Josh Kings market value with Harry Kane.
I’m sorry but are you intentionally trying to sound dim, how was I in any way comparing their market values? You know full well I wasn’t arguing that Josh King is worth anywhere near what Kane is. I am just stating that as a club we have to have a valuation, and if this isn’t met than we shouldn’t sell. I was giving an example of another club to show why this is not an unrealistic stance to take. It’s difficult to have a conversation with somebody who deliberately misses the point in an attempt to belittle another person. You are better than that.

Get rid of 'problem boy' Lerma next...and we are fizzing !
Best he stays on His Continent...for all the sh*t that goes down in that extremity !
Why should we be banjaxed by his ' travelling time '.. when he dont play in all Columbia's matches and ...other distractions like terminal bookings !
If we gets back 15 millions we can do good stuff with that ..get some English /Brits in...don't ya know, we is almost Euro Champs!...there are plenty of 'crunchers' like Jeff down around Mangotsfield, at Coalville ..or up at Tow Law and South Shields !

Sorry...but..things need saying !
( I've sank a few this lunchtime)

I don’t know what you’ve been drinking, but I don’t want any of it. Brian your spouting of nonsense has reached new depths.

I’m sorry but are you intentionally trying to sound dim, how was I in any way comparing their market values? You know full well I wasn’t arguing that Josh King is worth anywhere near what Kane is. I am just stating that as a club we have to have a valuation, and if this isn’t met than we shouldn’t sell. I was giving an example of another club to show why this is not an unrealistic stance to take. It’s difficult to have a conversation with somebody who deliberately misses the point in an attempt to belittle another person. You are better than that.
You can take it. ;-)

Its a simple law of supply and demand. Irrespective of the price, Harry Kane is more sought after than Josh King, irrespective of the price. There will be more people in a bidding war, whereas there are more players in other clubs of equal skill and quality.

Get rid of 'problem boy' Lerma next...and we are fizzing !
Best he stays on His Continent...for all the sh*t that goes down in that extremity !
Why should we be banjaxed by his ' travelling time '.. when he dont play in all Columbia's matches and ...other distractions like terminal bookings !
If we gets back 15 millions we can do good stuff with that ..get some English /Brits in...don't ya know, we is almost Euro Champs!...there are plenty of 'crunchers' like Jeff down around Mangotsfield, at Coalville ..or up at Tow Law and South Shields !

Sorry...but..things need saying !
( I've sank a few this lunchtime)
Are you sure you don't have any second thoughts about leaving ?

But then we sold King to Everton for 7 Million, was it 5 months later? What kind of point did that prove exactly? "Wait 5 months and his contract will be closer to ending so he'll be even cheaper".

I agree that Arnie is worth more than 15 for sure. Not worth 30 in current climate because he's not proven at Premier League level and is an injury risk. So 20-25 would be okay I think. I also think we have to think about implications for players wanting/not wanting to extend. Players often get slated for not wanting to extend or frozen out of the starting line up for lack of commitment but if clubs are going to block moves to prove a point, who can blame these players for refusing to extend? The words "Extend and we'll let you ho if you want to" are meaningless and can't be trusted. Either we encourage extending and treat our players well in the process or we accept that they will run contracts down. We can't have our cake and eat it.

You can take it. ;-)

Its a simple law of supply and demand. Irrespective of the price, Harry Kane is more sought after than Josh King, irrespective of the price. There will be more people in a bidding war, whereas there are more players in other clubs of equal skill and quality.
You are totally missing the point. Of course Kane will go for more and of course Tottenham are able to set a higher asking price due to increased demand. This has nothing to do with what I’m saying, I am saying that as a club we need to set what we deem to be an appropriate asking price and that it is in our long term interests while player trading to not deviate from this price. It really isn’t that hard to understand.

You are totally missing the point. Of course Kane will go for more and of course Tottenham are able to set a higher asking price due to increased demand. This has nothing to do with what I’m saying, I am saying that as a club we need to set what we deem to be an appropriate asking price and that it is in our long term interests while player trading to not deviate from this price. It really isn’t that hard to understand.
And you setting what you believe is an appropriate asking price means you'll probably be disappointed.

;