Arnaut Danjuma

This isn't the same as the king situation, king was in the final year of his contract, so would go for nothing, danjuma isn't
Not when the first move to Manure was being talked about. Can you tell me Josh was the same player consistently after that ? If somebody doesn’t want to be at the club or more significantly thinks the club is beneath them they are not going to give their all for the team. I’m not saying Danjuma would go down that road but is it worth turning down 13 million on the off chance ?

I think and hope that Arnie's morals are considerably better than those of King and Wee Turd. I feel that if he doesn't get a move this window he would still give his all on the pitch. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?
Unless another club comes in to help up the fee we might well find out.

The original story in La Marca focuses on explaining that Villarreal don’t intend to go mad and exceed their initial offer of 15 million euro. The bit about interest by Liverpool was just a throwaway line saying that a number of Premier League teams were keeping an eye on Danjuma, including Liverpool.

It goes on to say that Scott Parker has acknowledged the interest in Danjuma, but that the offers haven’t been good enough and that Danjuma still has an important role to play. La Marca finishes by saying that Danjuma hasn’t figured in pre-season and won’t be in the team to play West Brom.

Last edited:
I agree. 35 million is affordable for a club like LFC. Pay up or shut up. I‘m sure they‘ve spent far more on worse players in the past. Time to get some cash back !
Probably use it to cover some of the money we owe them in payments for the players we had off them

Lots of interested teams apparently. Pleased we've turned down the bids so far, the Buendia transfer set the going rate for us as they had similar stats last season.

While I’m no fan of Levy, I like the stance he’s taking over approaches for Kane. We should learn from this approach when it comes to Danjuma given he’s “outgrown the Championship” apparently.

While I’m no fan of Levy, I like the stance he’s taking over approaches for Kane. We should learn from this approach when it comes to Danjuma given he’s “outgrown the Championship” apparently.

Sounds very much like the Joshua King situation. He was supposedly told he could leave, there was a gentleman’s agreement in place. Only the expected offer didn’t come along.

Didn’t work very well for either party.

We need to clear this up before the WBA game...I.e. whether the big 'star' stays or goes.
We need to start the season clear of situations that might impede our progress...because the team is not all on the same page/turf/commitment.
We must learn lessons from the King and Kranky Turd sagas!

WE are the Boscombe !

Sounds very much like the Joshua King situation. He was supposedly told he could leave, there was a gentleman’s agreement in place. Only the expected offer didn’t come along.

Didn’t work very well for either party.
A gentleman’s agreement is always going to be contentious. A clause in a contract is a different ball game.

Lots of interested teams apparently. Pleased we've turned down the bids so far, the Buendia transfer set the going rate for us as they had similar stats last season.
Similar stats but different scenarios. People will point to the fact that Buendia has done it in the premier league but, more importantly, Norwich are in a better position to hold out for the bigger fee. With parachute payments dropping, were in a weaker position than they are. Not saying we should let him go for the first bid, but we hold less cards than Norwich in these situations.

;