Arnaut Danjuma

£20m in an up front one-off cash payment and shake their hands… we could do with the cash, he’s off the books and we look for cheaper younger options.

As time rolls on I’m starting to think that Parker’s remit really was a project and not an immediate return… We’re clearing out a lot of the ex PL earners and I fully expect Brooks to follow at some point this season… Maybe we are starting to think a bit more long-term and learning from the financial mistakes of the last 5/6 years… Get us back to basics… ensure we stay in the champ (at least) and rebuild this failed squad…

According to this *ahem* trustworthy source. Brooks isn't a big earner.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/afc-bournemouth/

Asmir Begović £73,000 GONE
Jefferson Lerma £50,000
Joshua King £45,000 GONE
Steve Cook £43,000
Adam Smith £38,000 NEW CONTRACT
Dan Gosling £37,000 GONE
Lewis Cook £35,000
Junior Stanislas £35,000 NEW CONTRACT
Arnaut Danjuma £28,000
Dominic Solanke £27,000
Jack Stacey £25,000
Cameron Carter-Vickers £22,000 GONE
David Brooks £22,000
Diego Rico £21,000 GONE
Lloyd Kelly £21,000
Chris Mepham £14,000
Philip Billing £14,000

I can see the Cook's and Lerma being a much bigger priority to get off the books *if* it's purely a financial decision.

Jefferson Lerma £50,000
Joshua King £45,000 GONE
Steve Cook £43,000
Dan Gosling £37,000 GONE
Lewis Cook £35,000
Arnaut Danjuma £28,000
Dominic Solanke £27,000
Jack Stacey £25,000
David Brooks £22,000
Diego Rico £21,000 GONE
Lloyd Kelly £21,000
Chris Mepham £14,000
Philip Billing £14,000

I can see the Cook's and Lerma being a much bigger priority to get off the books *if* it's purely a financial decision.

I think there needs to be a balance though… personally I’d shift Lerma ASAP but who on Earth is gonna come close to the £20odd million we paid for him… think we’d be lucky to get £15m…

Id also look to keep S Cook purely as we need some stability and he is just that.. Solid, the captain, been around for ages and clearly loves the club…

For me, get rid of Lerma and Danjuma and effectively it’s job done for the PL clear out…

Lol 'you sense'!......so how did your senses lead you to that conclusion exactly?...... Eddie banished anyone who didn't want to play for us including Harry Arter .......JT didn't have a say in anything.
Your selective memory yet again coming to the fore. Ryan Fraser.

Your selective memory yet again coming to the fore. Ryan Fraser.
Not at all .....I think your memory is playing on you yet again... Eddie stopped playing Fraser after the restart even though he was still under contract because he wouldn't sign the short term extension.

He carried on playing though. Danjuma isn’t injured he is being rested so he doesn’t get an injury. It’s been decided I think.
Totally. He will be sold, one way or another, I'm sure. He has missed preseason so we are unlikely to be playing him any time soon, even if he stays ( which he won't IMO ).

I just hope that we don't get desperate as the window draws to a close and accept a stupid offer just to get him off our books ( which I am sure it has been decided we need to do ). I would be happy to see him leave for decent money though, more funds for new signings and the player gets the move that he wants and deserves. Fingers crossed we get some decent offers in the coming weeks.

Not at all .....I think your memory is playing on you yet again... Eddie stopped playing Fraser after the restart even though he was still under contract because he wouldn't sign the short term extension.
Lol I love your logic. EH plays Fraser virtually the entire season even though it’s clear that he wants out and isn’t putting in the required amount of effort. = conveniently ignored
EH doesn’t play Fraser in the two games he was contracted for after the restart = EH was firm with Fraser and wouldn’t play him because he didn’t want to be here.
he didn’t play Fraser in those two games because he physically wasn’t going to be here for the remaining five.

Lol I love your logic. EH plays Fraser virtually the entire season even though it’s clear that he wants out and isn’t putting in the required amount of effort. = conveniently ignored
EH doesn’t play Fraser in the two games he was contracted for after the restart = EH was firm with Fraser and wouldn’t play him because he didn’t want to be here.
he didn’t play Fraser in those two games because he physically wasn’t going to be here for the remaining five.

It’s not quite how I remember it.

Whenever there were other options, Howe selected someone else. He was only picked as a last resort.

Or Not haha!...give me a smidgeon of leeway please..I'm 70...had a bus pass for 10 years..and I've just pissed my pants in public for the 1st time moving from one pub to the next !
Friday is fine...get it done...3 points and guaranteed top table for 24 hours at least !
Please don't use being 70 as any excuse for your posts......an insult to the rest of us old gits.

Sounds very much like the Joshua King situation. He was supposedly told he could leave, there was a gentleman’s agreement in place. Only the expected offer didn’t come along.

Didn’t work very well for either party.

Yep... also that was established with one manager in place.. but another by the time the gentleman's agreement broke down. Simple rule is to just keep it all official and in writing. No word of mouth agreements. It will mean that players are reluctant to extend but clubs can't have it both ways.

Jefferson Lerma £50,000
Joshua King £45,000 GONE
Steve Cook £43,000
Dan Gosling £37,000 GONE
Lewis Cook £35,000
Arnaut Danjuma £28,000
Dominic Solanke £27,000
Jack Stacey £25,000
David Brooks £22,000
Diego Rico £21,000 GONE
Lloyd Kelly £21,000
Chris Mepham £14,000
Philip Billing £14,000

If this is accurate I would be nudging Lerma out the door. Considering:
- We are fairly stacked in that position.
- By the letter of the law at this moment in time he’s a “scummy player that bites people”.
- Unavailable for 5 more games and prone to missing games anyway.
- He wasn’t even that good last season for the wage he is supposedly on and the fee we paid.

Obviously point 2 is very much debatable and a bit unfair. I don’t dislike him as a player or a person and he seems to love it here. Just saying though; do we really need him? If money is a big factor in all this I would really question the decision to get rid of someone like Rico, when we only have one LB, first- for such a paltry fee. Especially if Lerma, who might not even be playing every game on form at this point either, is being kept.

...we are massively dis advantaged when it comes to setting fees for our players like Lerma and Arnault...because they are not worth probably what we paid for them or what us fans think that they are worth?

Danjuma may bring in more than we paid for him...who knows?

We are a Championship club and in need of income so the cards are heavily stacked in favour of any club buying from us...lets face it our record of getting any value for our players is 50/50 with Ake, Mings, Wilson, Ritchie and Ramsdale getting us good returns and the likes of Ibe, Brad Smith, Fraser, Rico, King and Begovic not bring much back to us?

Jefferson Lerma £50,000
Joshua King £45,000 GONE
Steve Cook £43,000
Dan Gosling £37,000 GONE
Lewis Cook £35,000
Arnaut Danjuma £28,000
Dominic Solanke £27,000
Jack Stacey £25,000
David Brooks £22,000
Diego Rico £21,000 GONE
Lloyd Kelly £21,000
Chris Mepham £14,000
Philip Billing £14,000

I've seen something very similar. For clarity I'm fairly sure that Stan and Smith are the pre-new contract figures and you'd think the new offer was a drastic cut in wages, hence the time it took for them to mull it over.

Thought they were after Armstrong
It's rumoured that they've had 2 bids for him turned down. It will be harder to get him at the knockdown price that they were hoping for now that Blackburn know there is 25 - 30 million swilling around from the sale of Ings

;