Arnaut Danjuma

He is ' bashing' another clubs chest badge now...
,..boogaloo ...and and a plate of paella!

...Good riddance .

The Cherries march on.....to glory...or if not..
....to Truckfulls of Dignity

Fish and Chips all round.

Yep, does seem that the love faded towards the end.....

Definitely can read far more into what's not said there than what was.

His farewell message on instagram is all fair enough and just, in a pragmatic kind of way, but I'm sure he's not naive enough to think that's how football supporters view things and it doesn't appear to be beyond the realms of possibility that he has ruffled a few feathers since the end of the season.

agree and I really do hope he does well and ends up in The PL one day in the future...be great for him to have CL football to look forward to...go get 'em Arnault!

I think all fans would wish him well (tiresome trolls aside). It's the lack of well wishing from the club that stands out from that statement.

I like the bloke, he seems to be a straight talker and believes in his own hype, which is fair enough as he did walk the walk as well, albeit in the championship... However, I do think there is a fine line between believing in your own hype and being big-headed and a bit patronising...

I read his IG post and I felt that it was a little bit patronising towards the colleagues he leaves behind... I feel it makes him look like he believed he was a little bit better than the others... Maybe that is just me though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and maybe it's just the way he is... I wish him well and very interested to see how he goes at a higher level. Glad I got to see him play a couple of times in Red and Black...

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 11.07.03.png

Really like the guy tbf was a 'flare' sort of player we haven't seen at Bournemouth too often. Gutted I never got to see him live and wish we held out for a bit more money

That's an interesting perspective, I think I never warmed to him because he wasn't a Bournemouth player, he never grafted or supported his fall back so we had to compromise tactically to accommodate him.

A great price for a player that didn't fit and wanted away.

I like the bloke, he seems to be a straight talker and believes in his own hype, which is fair enough as he did walk the walk as well, albeit in the championship... However, I do think there is a fine line between believing in your own hype and being big-headed and a bit patronising...

I read his IG post and I felt that it was a little bit patronising towards the colleagues he leaves behind... I feel it makes him look like he believed he was a little bit better than the others... Maybe that is just me though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and maybe it's just the way he is... I wish him well and very interested to see how he goes at a higher level. Glad I got to see him play a couple of times in Red and Black...

View attachment 6227

I read it the same, as I said before I don't think his talent quite matches his ego and having not shared his efforts in the stadium it's hard to feel any kind of connection to him, which I'm sure he's as disappointed about as we are as we have missed out on watching an undoubted talent.

View attachment 6227

I think this is fine. As people have said, better than denying he wanted a move.

View attachment 6227
Actually I like that statement. It's a bit less generic than most and he also says that he's confident that we'll get the job done, which is praise for his ex-teammates and the new manager and coaches.

He has always been 100% honest about his intentions. He said at the start of last season that he was prepared to stay for the whole season to try to achieve promotion with us. There was not a hint of him going anywhere in the January window. Clearly he wasn't looking to leave. And when we failed in the playoffs it was clear that our journey together would end.

Arnie seems like a genuinely decent guy and he always bigged himself up with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. I don't think he's actually big-headed at all.

He goes with my blessings. We got decent money for him and it was a shame he was unable to contribute more in his time here. We were very unfortunate that he wasn't available for most of the relegation season, I'm sure he could have made the difference which would have kept us up.

Good luck to him, we had him here, we enjoyed him and we even managed to sell him on for a decent fee. All good IMO.

I think I prefer this honest 'I wanted to play at a higher level' approach to 'I was on holiday and knew nothing about it'.
Spot on......no idea what his 'ego' has to do with anything....why wouldn't he want to play at the highest level he can.... Callum and Rambo were no different and neither was Nathan Ake come to that.

Spot on......no idea what his 'ego' has to do with anything....why wouldn't he want to play at the highest level he can.... Callum and Rambo were no different and neither was Nathan Ake come to that.

Personally I mention it because he didn’t miss an opportunity to tell everyone how good he thought he was. Not every player is like that.

Think Messi and Ronaldo...

Personally I mention it because he didn’t miss an opportunity to tell everyone how good he thought he was. Not every player is like that.

Think Messi and Ronaldo...
I don't see the problem...... would we rather every player just pretended to be humble in interviews and just stuck to they've been trained to say? ....we don't know what any of them are really like and why should we care?......I quite like a bit of arrogance in a player anyway.....if Dom had a bit more self belief he'd be an incredible player.

I don't see the problem...... would we rather every player just pretended to be humble in interviews and just stuck to they've been trained to say? ....we don't know what any of them are really like and why should we care?......I quite like a bit of arrogance in a player anyway.....if Dom had a bit more self belief he'd be an incredible player.

All very true. But you asked what his ego had to do with anything and I replied with why at least I have mentioned it.

There are some players that go and leave a real gap. I don't think AD leaves a gap at all. When he moves forward he has incredible skill and talent, but I never felt he really bought into the team. I was never convinced of his commitment on the pitch, except to himself. In old terms I'd say he was a bit of a big head.

I wish him well and would love to see him become a world class player.

I'll not miss him at all.
(I'm sure he feels the same about me)

As I mentioned, a lot of what he said should be taken with a pinch of salt. He always had a laugh and a twinkle in his eye when he spoke of his own greatness.
I'm sure with his upbringing he is actually quite humble and self-aware but like in the fight game, if you don't promote yourself, nobody is going to pay big money to see you. I'm pretty sure Arnie is a standup guy with his feet firmly on the ground. He just knows how to play the game(s).

As I mentioned, a lot of what he said should be taken with a pinch of salt. He always had a laugh and a twinkle in his eye when he spoke of his own greatness.
I'm sure with his upbringing he is actually quite humble and self-aware but like in the fight game, if you don't promote yourself, nobody is going to pay big money to see you. I'm pretty sure Arnie is a standup guy with his feet firmly on the ground. He just knows how to play the game(s).

Yeah, I'm not reading his statement as patronising at all tbh.

;