Arnaut Danjuma

Whilst not particularly athletic, I had plantar fascitis for 12 months, and believe me it restricts exercise!

Tried all exercises and inserts, only cured by a very painful cortisone injection to the heels. Apparently not guaranteed results, but fingers crossed no recurrence.

Sorry I just get frustrated when people don't blame all of our problems on our coaching set up. ;)

Yawnsville....

So our players looked lost in a system, dead on their feet against journeymen opposition and it’s all their fault.

Bloody arseholes.... they didn’t even sub themselves off the pitch and bring a fresh pair of legs on. What sort of players are they.

Anyway.... None of this has anything to do with coaching. No sireeee. I keep saying it so I’m not allowed to change my opinion. It’s the players I tell you... despite the fact I think we are signing better ones.... it’s all their fault.

Welcome to the SDD mindset.

Yawnsville....

So our players looked lost in a system, dead on their feet against journeymen opposition and it’s all their fault.

Bloody arseholes.... they didn’t even sub themselves off the pitch and bring a fresh pair of legs on. What sort of players are they.

Anyway.... None of this has anything to do with coaching. No sireeee. I keep saying it so I’m not allowed to change my opinion. It’s the players I tell you... despite the fact I think we are signing better ones.... it’s all their fault.

Welcome to the SDD mindset.

I thought Billing looked dead in his feet, the others just looked out of ideas.

FWIW I thought the formation and team selection was completely wrong. I can see those problems with my eyes and it's down to Howe.

I, like you, don't have the first clue about the skills or otherwise of our coaching set up. Unlike you I wouldn't attempt to draw spurious conclusions about the reasons behind our injury record based on something I haven't got a clue about.

I thought Billing looked dead in his feet, the others just looked out of ideas.

FWIW I thought the formation and team selection was completely wrong. I can see those problems with my eyes and it's down to Howe.

I, like you, don't have the first clue about the skills or otherwise of our coaching set up. Unlike you I wouldn't attempt to draw spurious conclusions about the reasons behind our injury record based on something I haven't got a clue about.

You don’t need to be an expert.

If I go to the doctor with back ache and he gives me pills that make me chuck up every hour I know that something is wrong without having done 8 years at medical college.

Similarly. Watching Saturday as I have every time we have tried it I know we lack the ability in our coaching set up to play any system than 4-4-2. I don’t have the badges but when I see the players frantically waving each other into different places, arguing and looking to the bench, without being able to coach it myself i know it’s gone tits up again.

You don’t need to be an expert.

If I go to the doctor with back ache and he gives me pills that make me chuck up every hour I know that something is wrong without having done 8 years at medical college.

Similarly. Watching Saturday as I have every time we have tried it I know we lack the ability in our coaching set up to play any system than 4-4-2. I don’t have the badges but when I see the players frantically waving each other into different places, arguing and looking to the bench, without being able to coach it myself i know it’s gone tits up again.

Actually I think you need to have the first clue what you're talking about.

You've felt a twinge in your back, diagnosed yourself with cancer and have prescribed your own medication.

We've played well with three at the back plenty of times. Why he thought we needed to against a very defensive set up at home god knows but that's down to his tactics.

Besides, I was criticising your penchant for blaming our injuries on our coaches being Eddie's mates, a massive leap of logic even for you.

Surely you just take the pebble out

For some reason the undercarriage of your foot drops and if you've got calcification on your heel bone it's like a spur going in when you walk. It's also caused by dropped arches.

I had a cortisone injection in the sole of my foot but whilst it eased the pain for a while it came back with a vengeance after a couple of months. Orthotic inserts in my shoes helped but it was a case of doing lots of exercises. The two most common ones are standing on a stair with just your toes on the tread and raising and lowering and when you're sat down rolling your foot over a rolling pin. These exercises help to return the undercarriage of your foot back to normal.

Plantar fasciitis is traditionally called policeman's foot after where coppers used to have to stand around a lot.

Did the Plantar thing stop you doing exercise at all, or did it just make it uncomfortable? Would be nice if all we had to do was put some inserts into some shoes to stop an injury for once!
It stopped my running and walking long distance for a month or two, to be honest it would have been very uncomfortable and against advice. I had treatment and did prescribed exercise to speed up the recovery time. The inserts were made towards the end of my visits to the podiatrist which were over about a six months period. No problems since.

Attachments

• CB358769-F9FE-4E2E-93AD-5A803EC78408.jpeg
    CB358769-F9FE-4E2E-93AD-5A803EC78408.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 21
So odd this. Twice the club, via Eddie and the press office were at huge odds to point out Danjuma hadn’t trained with us. He did. He did two days training.

This on COWS 2nd August

AFC Bournemouth’s two latest signings have been hard at work ahead of the final two friendlies before the Premier League returns.

Eddie Howe’s side prepare to face Lazio this evening and Lyon tomorrow afternoon as part of a bumper weekend of football at Vitality Stadium.

New signings Philip Billing and Arnaut Danjuma got stuck in with their new teammates, as preparations for the new season stepped up.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/danjuma-billing-and-squad-train-ahead-of-friendlies

I can't remember which game he played in, he seemed to be fit but perhaps he was carrying his old injury?
It seems strange that we brought him and then the old injury has resurfaced.

A player isn’t going to fail a medical just because of a minor injury. The medical is to identify any serious long term problems which could prevent him from appearing on a regular basis. We don’t know yet how bad his injury is but there’s absolutely no reason to think it’s serious at this stage.

To be honest I'd be surprised if it is plantar fasciitis. It's much more common in middle aged chubsters

;