Arnaut Danjuma

I thought Howe said that he and Kelly were definitely NOT able to play tomorrow.
Ah you must be fairly new to Eddie’s press conferences. Often players who are ‘injured’ on Fridays make miraculous recoveries on Saturday!

I think that sort of practice is frowned upon in US sports where there are very clear definitions of ‘possible’, ‘probable’, ‘questionable’ etc. Here managers can say what they like about player availability if the aim is to gain an advantage. As it happens, I believe Kelly and Danjuma are both unavailable for tomorrow, but don’t be surprised to see a ruse at some point in the season!

Reactions: OBX
Ah you must be fairly new to Eddie’s press conferences. Often players who are ‘injured’ on Fridays make miraculous recoveries on Saturday!

I think that sort of practice is frowned upon in US sports where there are very clear definitions of ‘possible’, ‘probable’, ‘questionable’ etc. Here managers can say what they like about player availability if the aim is to gain an advantage. As it happens, I believe Kelly and Danjuma are both unavailable for tomorrow, but don’t be surprised to see a ruse at some point in the season!

This is amazing and you are right on all counts. By a few days before the contest, the coach has to release who will be available, might be available or won't be available. So, I just thought it was definite when I read that information. Still can't take my JCL hat off for a while. ;)

This is amazing and you are right on all counts. By a few days before the contest, the coach has to release who will be available, might be available or won't be available. So, I just thought it was definite when I read that information. Still can't take my JCL hat off for a while. ;)

Don't worry there's people who've been going to DC for 40 years plus and still get duped by Eddie's player fitness reports!

Could be a pretty exciting, I'm looking forward to hearing how he gets on if he plays. It's a big shame it isn't going to be shown live anywhere but that's only because we're ridiculously spoiled with coverage these days.

Might that be because of the greater distances to travel. So it's pretty obvious who is and isn't available as they are booking flights so that info would get leaked anyway. So it's worth a league rule existing to combat anyone gaining an advanatge due to having better contacts in the airline industry?? Just a thought, as everywhere in this country is doable in a day, albeit a long and uncomfortable day. Unlike across the water where some of your journeys are huge?

Might that be because of the greater distances to travel. So it's pretty obvious who is and isn't available as they are booking flights so that info would get leaked anyway. So it's worth a league rule existing to combat anyone gaining an advanatge due to having better contacts in the airline industry?? Just a thought, as everywhere in this country is doable in a day, albeit a long and uncomfortable day. Unlike across the water where some of your journeys are huge?
I'm pretty sure that injury reports came about primarily for gambling reasons. The public injury reports were a way to prevent insiders from having a gambling advantage.

Reactions: OBX
Looking at a few clips on COWS he seems like a great fit for our club. Shane he got the injury, like Kelly.

I think Danjuma was brought in with an eye on being Fraser’s long term replacement. As we’ve seen with Rico, it can take a while adapting to a new country and different league. So there’s no immediate need for him to be a key contributor yet. Think of this season as a trial run for next season with anything else as a bonus.

In the little we’ve seen of Arnaut so far, I’d say he lacks Wee Man’s out and out speed, but is more technical on the ball. I recall when the signing was announced, Mark McAdam described him as a “winger / striker” so if we did need a 4th striker, or perhaps someone with a bit more finesse than Callum, King or Solanke then that’s another possible way into the team.

Yep, fairplay to the lad. I hope he gets a good chance here to prove himself. It does irk me that we have a player who wants to learn, fit in, adapt, improve and play for us yet Eddie is playing someone whos interest is now not playing for us.

Yep, fairplay to the lad. I hope he gets a good chance here to prove himself. It does irk me that we have a player who wants to learn, fit in, adapt, improve and play for us yet Eddie is playing someone whos interest is now not playing for us.

I don't get this at all. You play the best player on your books in my view. Certainly at this stage of the season. Fair play if you want Fraser dropped on form but not for non football reasons.

Reckon he's going to be an Ake no 2. Looks the real deal and is pretty quick and willing to take shots on. He's had a tough life and done well. Respect

I don't get this at all. You play the best player on your books in my view. Certainly at this stage of the season. Fair play if you want Fraser dropped on form but not for non football reasons.
I’m slightly confused. Who said anything about Fraser being dropped? Footballing reasons or otherwis?

;