Arnaut Danjuma

Does the staying fit bit also mean never goes in for a challenge
I think he has huge potential but if he was able to get into the habit of passing/releasing the ball quicker/earlier, as opposed to going on long, weaving runs trying to outdo 43 players in one go, he may just stay a little fitter for longer.

He has had the habit to hang onto the ball that bit too long before making a pass.

In his defence it has paid off sometimes with the ball curling into the back of the net.

He has had the habit to hang onto the ball that bit too long before making a pass.

In his defence it has paid off sometimes with the ball curling into the back of the net.

Tries to beat at least one man too many.

It worries me that he looks like Ibe when he first arrived.

Ibe then went on to being unable to beat even the one player.................................

Tries to beat at least one man too many.

It worries me that he looks like Ibe when he first arrived.

Ibe then went on to being unable to beat even the one player.................................

Stanislas is doing the same as well and he's been getting worse since his personal goal scoring tally has increased. I'm not saying these kinds of players should never be greedy, just bloody mix it up from time to time or you become too predictable and easy to defend against.

I watch all these training videos with the players playing quick one touch football and playing the ball in triangles to beat the defender. What do they think this training is for? When they actually do it on the pitch we look dangerous. One player interviewed also said Kelly is the hardest to get the ball off in those possession games. So why during games does he take 10 years to bring the ball forwards or make an incisive pass?

Answers on a postcard...

Stan and Dan....maybe both have suffered with form or aspects of their game faltering because the team spirit and general application has not been good...Brooks, Lerma, Kelly, L.Cook and others just as bad...it comes back to that dressing room thing.
It only took a couple of defeats after we hit the top position.. to bring it crashing down..then JT lost control....the leaders didn't come through.. S.Cook cannot do that alone..he needs at least two others to help across the pitch.
Francis, Elphick..Arter...Ritchie...style!

Stanislas is doing the same as well and he's been getting worse since his personal goal scoring tally has increased. I'm not saying these kinds of players should never be greedy, just bloody mix it up from time to time or you become too predictable and easy to defend against.

I watch all these training videos with the players playing quick one touch football and playing the ball in triangles to beat the defender. What do they think this training is for? When they actually do it on the pitch we look dangerous. One player interviewed also said Kelly is the hardest to get the ball off in those possession games. So why during games does he take 10 years to bring the ball forwards or make an incisive pass?

Answers on a postcard...

There's an interesting statement from Tindall in one of the many articles since his departure where he mentions asking Stanislas to step up as a leader.

It made me see some of his decision-making (including the bust-up) with a slightly different light when you think more pressure is put on him to influence games.

The crucial difference between training and a match is that the opposition is trying to win the ball back.

There's an interesting statement from Tindall in one of the many articles since his departure where he mentions asking Stanislas to step up as a leader.

It made me see some of his decision-making (including the bust-up) with a slightly different light when you think more pressure is put on him to influence games.

The crucial difference between training and a match is that the opposition is trying to win the ball back.

It shows a lack of leadership qualities when you think that taking on the opposition by yourself is the answer. Again, where is the connection with the training they spend so much of their time doing?

In many of those training sessions you have a team trying to win the ball and a team trying to keep the ball.

No excuses.

Stan and Dan....maybe both have suffered with form or aspects of their game faltering because the team spirit and general application has not been good...Brooks, Lerma, Kelly, L.Cook and others just as bad...it comes back to that dressing room thing.
It only took a couple of defeats after we hit the top position.. to bring it crashing down..then JT lost control....the leaders didn't come through.. S.Cook cannot do that alone..he needs at least two others to help across the pitch.
Francis, Elphick..Arter...Ritchie...style!
That last line of names....that’s the difference now ....

How do you solve a problem like Arnaut Danjuma?

We all know what the guy can do. Even in games where he might seem anonymous, he can still win it with one moment.

Earlier in the season we got the best out of Danjuma when Stanislas was either not in the side, or Stanislas was playing centrally advanced. Now we have a plethora of central options not least Wilshere and now Billing doing well there.

We saw last night how lost Stanislas looked on the right. We saw Rico and Danjuma struggle to put two passes together on the left. We later moved Stanislas left, and straight away Stanislas was better, Rico was better, and the left hand side functioned nicely.

Against Birmingham Arnaut was having a stinker and then was put through by Wilshere and finished in style, and went on to have a hand in both subsequent goals! Clearly he's someone you want to fit into the team where possible.

I'd quite fancy him central where he can pick one side or the other to make runs off the centre forward. But then what does that mean for Billing, Wilshere etc.

It comes back to the same question we have over so many players - how best do we fit them together to create a balanced side?

Last edited:
How do you solve a problem like Arnaut Danjuma?

We all know what the guy can do. Even in games where he might seem anonymous, he can still win it with one moment.

Earlier in the season we got the best out of Danjuma when Stanislas was either not in the side, or Stanislas was playing centrally advanced. Now we have a plethora of central options not least Wilshere and now Billing doing well there.

We saw last night how lost Stanislas looked on the right. We saw Rico and Danjuma struggle to put two passes together on the left. We later moved Stanislas left, and straight away Stanislas was better, Rico was better, and the left hand side functioned nicely.

Against Birmingham Arnaut was having a stinker and then was put through by Wilshere and finished in style, and went on to have a hand in both subsiquent goals! Clearly he's someone you want to fit into the team where possible.

I'd quite fancy him central where he can pick one side or the other to make runs off the centre forward. But then what does that mean for Billing, Wilshere etc.

It comes back to the same question we have over so many players - how best do we fit them together to create a balanced side?
Good post .
This is one of the reasons we need a new manager in who can identify these issues and do something about it .
Dan through the middle could definitely work - though he would have to learn to be less selfish...
However, perhaps he feels being out wide he needs to constantly have the ball and take people on to show himself .?
He certainly doesn’t lack in self confidence “ m the best Dutch striker around “
Maybe the central role will help give him the added team discipline needed ?

Good post .
This is one of the reasons we need a new manager in who can identify these issues and do something about it .
Dan through the middle could definitely work - though he would have to learn to be less selfish...
However, perhaps he feels being out wide he needs to constantly have the ball and take people on to show himself .?
He certainly doesn’t lack in self confidence “ m the best Dutch striker around “
Maybe the central role will help give him the added team discipline needed ?
What is so hard about players learning how to play alternate positions.

Asking a right footed left winger to figure out how to play right wing in order to keep his place in a team isn't a big ask for me.

The thing is, it's not a technical adaptation, it's a mental one. I bet Stan puts in extra hours on free kicks and pens, but maybe he and Rico could spend some dedicated time attack Vs defense until they both get those positions tied down.

It's not always the managers job to fit players in, it's as much the job of players to figure out how they can be most invaluable to the team to earn a regular place. That's either outplay the guy that wants your position or find another job. No-one starts out wanting to be right full back, they just quickly figure out that's the skill they can develop to increase their chances of getting picked regularly and improving the overall team.

;