Arnaut Danjuma

He’s already commandeered the captaincy when Cook went off that time lol.

Fine line between confident and cocky. Confident beats Swansea 3-0, cocky surrenders to Barnsley after taking the lead. Will continue to be a fine line and will probably define our season in these last 9 games.

He’s already commandeered the captaincy when Cook went off that time lol.

Fine line between confident and cocky. Confident beats Swansea 3-0, cocky surrenders to Barnsley after taking the lead. Will continue to be a fine line and will probably define our season in these last 9 games.

If he plays to his potential being the big If and playing a team game when you're a player of a team always helps like I said no doubting his talent but does Danjuma serve the club or does he serve himself?

I'd like Brooks back for the last 9 games, he may not have had the best season but there is clearly quality there that we have been missing last 6 weeks or so that can make a difference between playoffs or not and with this injury I didn't know he gained.

Listening to the Steve Cook interview he mentioned his confidence and the fact that if he plays like that others would be prepared to do his defending! If you add his 20 instragram photos about him tonight (and not the team) I think its fair to say he is very self confident. In summary when we are winning and he is playing well then great but it would be interesting to observe the dynamics when he isn't and the team lose.

The armband doesn't make a leader and nor does spilling your guts on the pitch.

The difference all year is one person who can and is allowed to control how we play and make the adjustments they see during the game. There is zero value being good in front a microphone explaining how it all went wrong.

Last night Solanke did so much running, while Billing (MoM joke) is sauntering back, Dom was reading danger and opportunities. He tried to do too much at times but his effort and runs meant we kept the game on the ground, effectively a lot of his play dictated our pattern. But you can't make forwards and goalies captain, it misses the point.

What we need is a classic midfield general, who would have made a difference to all the winning positions we have given away, responded when other teams start to build pressure, keeps players around them calm.

Hahaha. His Sky interview was hilarious.
Basically, he said he won the Man of the Match because he was the man of the match. Asked if he is in a great run of form, he said he has been playing great all season. And when told to take his trophy, he said he wondered why he has had to wait so long to get one. When asked how good Billings goal was he immediately turned it round to being all about him.
The boys got confidence, but perhaps no filter.

Switched it off before that but will have to find it now. Sounds comedically awful.

In fairness I don't see that as a team decision, but you're right, from the outside he'd be last on my list to be captain of the entire squad. I don't see any leadership qualities at all.

Well they came out with a team statement about it, then one guy didn't bother with it. I agree that it's an individual thing but the way it panned out hardly suggests that there's a unified group behind the scenes.

What Danjuma said after Barnsley game in the Echo.

Asked what it was like in the dressing room after the loss to Barnsley, Danjuma said: "You don’t want to be in it. Everything is being thrown, bad things are being said obviously.

"I might be the worst loser of them all. I hate losing. I said some things in the changing room as well.

"It is part the game, frustrations. Looking into how we can connect with each other again, because we will need each other throughout the whole season and especially the more we get to the end, I think the more we unite together."

Interested to hear what the opinions of others are on him, as I don’t think I’ve ever felt so personally divided when it comes to one player.
-On the one hand he has that bit of spark and is clearly a very capable match winner at championship level. Scores and assists goals and clearly has ability and can be very effective in certain circumstances.
-On the other hand, he provides next to no defensive cover, often leaving his full back horribly exposed. He also seems to completely go missing when the going gets tough, when he’s given space to operate in he can look like a real player, but when he isn’t afforded that luxury and a full back makes life a little bit uncomfortable for him he all too often seems to disappear. But perhaps most crucially, from what I can see he is quite clearly playing for himself rather than the team, I very strongly get the impression that his own personal stats are more important to him than the teams final league position.

So assuming that we are still in the championship next season and assuming there are ambitions to succeed in the pitch still, what do you do for the benefit of the team and our chances of success? Look to sell for as high a fee as possible and reinvest in the squad? Or hang into him at all costs as he is a match winner on his day? I’m very much of the opinion that in order to get promoted from a this level you need a group of players who are willing to fight for each other and do the ‘dirty’ side of the game first and foremost, so I would somewhat begrudgingly look to move him on. But interested to hear what others think?

Yes but you also need match winners, we would be lower half without his goals and assists.
It's OK for me if he plays higher up the pitch, especially in the championship as long as we're organised behind him.
A left wing back hes not. Yes we need more team performances but we also need Danjuma

Yes but you also need match winners, we would be lower half without his goals and assists.
It's OK for me if he plays higher up the pitch, especially in the championship as long as we're organised behind him.
A left wing back hes not. Yes we need more team performances but we also need Danjuma
Yeah spot on.......I don't actually think we should want him to defend.....I also think that we're missing a trick by not playing him upfront.

I seem to remember criticisms about his application and consistency from fans of his previous club when we signed him. So really his performances for us shouldn't be a surprise.

;