Arnaut Danjuma

Yes but you also need match winners, we would be lower half without his goals and assists.
It's OK for me if he plays higher up the pitch, especially in the championship as long as we're organised behind him.
A left wing back hes not. Yes we need more team performances but we also need Danjuma
Yes but the point I’m trying to make that is that despite his goals and assists, could it be possible that not having everyone pulling in the same direction and fighting for the team could be a big contributor to our underachieving this season? I’m not talking about him being about a wing back or even about today.

He will be gone come next season. One of the lower sides in the EPL will come in for him.
He also seems to think he is a superstar that never has a bad game.
Not good for the squad in my opinion.
We thought Brooks would be gone this season but our board demanded 40m for him or no deal. It is quite conceivable that our powers that be take a similar attitude with Danjuma this summer.

Joint second leading scorer with 10 goals.

Joint second with 4 assists.

4 goals and two assists in last 5 league games, the two assists were in the last two league games.

So hopefully he has now realised he can’t always beat the extra player but can get a telling pass in instead.

I disagree he doesn't want to play for the club,he doesn't seem to come across that way in interviews.
To me he is far too good for this league,he would easily get in our opponents today first 11 for instance.
You think that he would easily get into Southampton’s team?! I don’t know what’s more worrying. This comment or the fact that two people have liked it. The Southampton forwards today were all a class above him, come on now.

Yes but the point I’m trying to make that is that despite his goals and assists, could it be possible that not having everyone pulling in the same direction and fighting for the team could be a big contributor to our underachieving this season? I’m not talking about him being about a wing back or even about today.
We have not enough goal threat, and therefore leaving him far up the pitch has to be done .
Ok the full back gets exposed but without him we offer very little threat

If playing him on the wing as a match winner, then you dont play a fullback such as Rico who likes/is expected to go forward. A very solid old school LB behind him who doesnt venture past halfway line, but who reads the game and positions themselves well might work better

If playing him on the wing as a match winner, then you dont play a fullback such as Rico who likes/is expected to go forward. A very solid old school LB behind him who doesnt venture past halfway line, but who reads the game and positions themselves well might work better
If we had one Rico wouldn't be in the team

Two of our highest scoring games this season Barnsley and Huddersfield came without him in the side
True but even in those games we seemed to score with every shot we had, which doesn’t happen often .
In general Danjuma needs to cheat and stay up, as we have no choice

Teams know Danjuma can hurt them and will double up when they can, Stains did it today and it won't be the last time we see it. Without any other real creative outlets, it's easier to do. If we had a fit and firing Brooks on the right we'd have the ability to switch/vary the play more than we have done recently. We effectively have no senior right wingers at the minute which hurts us no end.

I do like players like Danjuma because they have that something different about them, can be incredibly frustrating, but if he was very consistent, we'd never have had a chance of signing him.

Last edited:
Redmond is 95 minute grafter..end of debate!

End of..simple as that!

Tell that to some Saints fans.

Listening before the game to the Saints summariser who wasn’t sure about the role Redmond was going to play today.

Then this from Everton game this month.

One player who continued his recent struggles was Redmond, with the attacker guilty of losing possession on far too many occasions as failed to make the most of getting into some dangerous positions. The 26-year-old was moved back to his more natural wide role against Everton having been played up front in recent weeks, but he failed to perform well enough once again.

Redmond tried to make things happen when he got on the ball, but he was guilty of giving away the ball on 22 occasions, while he also failed to put in a single cross or make a single key pass (Sofascore). The 26-year-old needs to show more end product if he is going to be able help the Saints out of their dismal run of form.

https://readsouthampton.com/2021/03/02/southampton-nathan-redmond-everton-performance/

;