Arnaut Danjuma

I’m going to have another attempt at my post, which will hopefully be better articulated and explained rather than my initial rushed post.

I’m not responding to your personal comments, I’ve said for years it’s tiresome and I’d like it to stop.
So, as mentioned by others I’ve also struggled to find any connection with Danjuma. This is solely down to hardly seeing him play in the flesh, getting that buzz of excitement as he turned a player inside out in front of me. If I had, then I’m sure I’d feel less blasé about his departure.
If it wasn’t for covid and he turned those performances on in front of a big crowd, he could have had a real connection with the crowd and been somewhat of a cult hero, even after such a short period. Which would have far better suited his ego, he’s an ego player, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Is he as good as he thinks he is? I don’t think he is, but then again, that’s not a bad thing as professional footballer playing a flair player position. If he doesn’t believe in himself he doesn’t pull off the great things he does, when it doesn’t come off, he thinks next time it will...it’s part of what makes him the player he is and most wingers come into that category.

So we move on and think what it would have been like if we had seen all those moments and experienced them and the roar of the crowd and he leaves as a cult hero. That would have far better suited his ego, than the reality that is, due to it being the covid season, those individual moments will be forgotten by most. Nearly everything to do with the covid season will be a small footnote in the clubs history, because we weren’t there to witness it. Will I remember his goal away at Norwich in 5 years time for example? No, but I do remember Matt Ritchie’s against Sheffield Wednesday, because I was there etc...

If I’d have seen more of him I’d be happy to say whether or not that he would step up to the Premier League or not, as is, I don’t know.

So as it stands, a switch to La Liga where he won’t be overly stifled like he would in the Premier League or Serie A sounds like a great move. Somewhere to shine in most games.

If I’d have seen more than 169 minutes of him, 18 months ago, I may have a different view. As it stands I’ve seen more of Jaidon Anthony in the past 2 and a bit weeks...and I’d say it’s too early to judge him as well.

As for the price, it’s a profit, but not by much, but a profit nonetheless, maybe £5million that could be reinvested in the squad depending on whether we’re still paying off his transfer fee and how much we’re getting immediately from Villarreal, so I’m not expecting us to immediately go on a big spending spree on the back of this single sale.

Given that we got relegated after buying him, I'd say 5 million profit is good going. Also, with Arnie you never know if he's going to get injured, which woukd decrease his value. Coupled with the fact he really wanted a move, I think we did alright there.

I like the bloke, he seems to be a straight talker and believes in his own hype, which is fair enough as he did walk the walk as well, albeit in the championship... However, I do think there is a fine line between believing in your own hype and being big-headed and a bit patronising...

I read his IG post and I felt that it was a little bit patronising towards the colleagues he leaves behind... I feel it makes him look like he believed he was a little bit better than the others... Maybe that is just me though. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and maybe it's just the way he is... I wish him well and very interested to see how he goes at a higher level. Glad I got to see him play a couple of times in Red and Black...

View attachment 6227

I don't see anything negative or big-headed in what he's said. He's ambitious and wants to play either football in Europe or the Premier League. There is no shame in saying that as we know it's the dream of most good players. Maybe the last few weeks were tricky because things are never going to be plain sailing when a player wants to move on and a club want a specific price for them but I don't even see that expressed in his message. Football is ruthless. Look at how Steve Cook is seemingly being treated and Troy Deeney by Watford. Arnie has to think of himself because if he doesn't, ultimately the club will let him down along the line sooner or later. It's how he goes about things that matter and Arnie fought like hell last season and has always been respectful from what I can see. In his message he speaks warmly of the fans, those he has worked with and Scott and the new coaching team. He made an unfortunate remark about Leeds being a big club in the summer but there was no malice meant, I'm sure.

Yeah, Danjuma has looked pretty hungry and sharp each time he's come on.
He just about set up another goal yesterday too.
I wonder if we have any bonus clauses in the sale contract?
Maybe a little something for every CL goal he scores?

Could become the greatest player we've ever had..... playing in a position we wouldn't play him in .....:(

Long way to go to become our greatest player. 2 seasons in champ wouldn’t have done it. Total waste of money in the prem and his lack of availability then helped to keep weasel in the team.

;