Arsenal -The Verdict

Some familiar sights filling me with nostalgia:

- Andrew Surman running back towards goal 10 yards behind the attacker he's tracking

- Solanke falling over in the box

- Round pegs in square holes

- Arsenal players invicible to bookings after multiplw bookable offences and Cherries players getting yellows for their first tackles

- Bournemouth going out of the cup in January

Lovely.

Some familiar sights filling me with nostalgia:

- Andrew Surman running back towards goal 10 yards behind the attacker he's tracking

- Solanke falling over in the box

- Round pegs in square holes

- Arsenal players invicible to bookings after multiplw bookable offences and Cherries players getting yellows for their first tackles

- Bournemouth going out of the cup in January

Lovely.
Pukka!

Guendouzi - one of those players opposition fans love to hate but I would love a player like him in our midfield alongside Jeff.

Quick overview:

First 35 was absolutely horrific.
Better end to the first half.
Overall not bad in the second half but the first 35 lost the game.
Francis coming on is a pointless change [ and I know he crossed for our goal ] but really, what was the point?
Surridge was on about 25 minutes too late.
I'd actually have also tried Kilkenny in the second half, why not take a look and see if he can catch Arsenal by surprise, they won't know him beforehand.
Basically, as we have always said....give it everything and lose, the fans will back the team. Back off and barely tackle and lose.....they will deserve the criticism. I would start Surridge on Saturday - I have nothing against Dom and he played bloody well against Brighton but....lets try and relieve him of some pressure.

Second half was better than first. Needed changing much sooner. Lewis Cook? Can't pass, shoot or control the ball at the moment. Why? What happened?

Arsenal. Really tightened up with new manager. Better every game. But so many theatrics. And the hairy one, 3 yellows deserved I reckon. First foul on him? Yellow.

Shame, I was looking forward to a trip to the 80's.

Terrible first half, at least until he changed the formation. Simpson is a rubbish left back and Cook is a poor left winger - both players thrown under a bus with that starting line up. After he changed it we looked in the game, shame it took going 2-0 down to make the switch.

Two steps forward and three back for Solanke - he was rubbish. Generally bad all round play but most worrying was a complete inability to head or hold up the balls played up to him even when unmarked.

Showed some fight second half though so shouldn't sap confidence too much.

Al's on a weird one here.

Guendouzi - one of those players opposition fans love to hate but I would love a player like him in our midfield alongside Jeff.

Quick overview:

First 35 was absolutely horrific.
Better end to the first half.
Overall not bad in the second half but the first 35 lost the game.
Francis coming on is a pointless change [ and I know he crossed for our goal ] but really, what was the point?
Surridge was on about 25 minutes too late.
I'd actually have also tried Kilkenny in the second half, why not take a look and see if he can catch Arsenal by surprise, they won't know him beforehand.
Basically, as we have always said....give it everything and lose, the fans will back the team. Back off and barely tackle and lose.....they will deserve the criticism. I would start Surridge on Saturday - I have nothing against Dom and he played bloody well against Brighton but....lets try and relieve him of some pressure.

Francis came on to go three at the back as we were chasing the game. Simpson was having a shocker too.

Terrible first half, at least until he changed the formation. Simpson is a rubbish left back and Cook is a poor left winger - both players thrown under a bus with that starting line up. After he changed it we looked in the game, shame it took going 2-0 down to make the switch.

Two steps forward and three back for Solanke - he was rubbish. Generally bad all round play but most worrying was a complete inability to head or hold up the balls played up to him even when unmarked.

Showed some fight second half though so shouldn't sap confidence too much.

Al's on a weird one here.

Denialists.
I fookin luv them

Why can't anyone accept a bad performance critique.
Honestly, we have some of the most dense fans in the world.

I think that every person thinks that when Brooks comes back, we will be brilliant again.
And I reckon Howe has based his season on that.

I think this is probably right - Eddie's midfield strategy was based on Brooks and he's been filling in with subs since the injury. Surman showed tonight what a difference a creative player can make to the whole team ... but he's years past his prime. So I'll say it again (sorry to bore people) ... recruit NOW for a creative midfielder ... the summer transfer window will be too late. Spend now or face the consequences.

Wait and see which team turns up on Saturday. It took us 30 minutes to get started against Brighton. Eddie can't understand the mindset as discussed on Solent post match.
This is why I was dubious that the first 30 against Brighton was some sort of rope-a-dope masterclass. We can play some high tempo football at times, but it seems to be as a reaction to the match situation rather than a proactive default setting

Lewis Cook was awful. Simpson at LB ffs. 1st half was unacceptable and like the 1st 30 against Brighton and the changes were too little too late. We're out, he's got what he wanted but if we play with no fight against Villa then deserves criticism.

;