Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

Something like this?

Rambo
Stacey S. Cook Ake Rico
Lerma Billing L.Cook
Fraser C.Wilson King
I like this team too. Eddie doesn’t seem to keen on 3 in midfield so if he does make a change it’ll probably be to a back 3 instead I fear. That said, we did play this XI for the final 15 mins at Southampton and it did seem to have a positive effect

I like this team too. Eddie doesn’t seem to keen on 3 in midfield so if he does make a change it’ll probably be to a back 3 instead I fear. That said, we did play this XI for the final 15 mins at Southampton and it did seem to have a positive effect
Think that team has a good look about it. We certainly need to tweak the formation for this on whether that be three in midfield (my preferred option by a mile and just get Lerma to stick to Ozil) or three at the back with Franno coming in. I think it would be very harsh to leave Solanke out but unfortunately for this game someone has to, if it’s a three at the back I’d like to see Solanke playing behind a front two of King and Wilson with Rico and Stacey provided the width. Their centre halves are the weakest area of their team so would be interesting to see what happened if we really tried to exploit that.

It's the Bournemouth Marathon on Sunday, anyone know how this affects Kings park area? Coaches leave at 9-00.[/QU
The club have been in contact with Bournemouth council and coaches have been given the all clear to pick up / drop off at the ground as normal this Sunday. I am sure there will be numerous parking restrictions in the surrounding area so best to leave a little extra time to get yourselves there in time.

5 at the back – see how it goes – then Danjuma and/or Fraser to come on in the 2nd half to exploit their tired legs.

1-3 to the Cherries

:utc:

No other injury concerns? So Brooks is back, then?

Think Brooks comes into this category.

“There’s a whole group of players getting closer.

“They’re not there yet but we’re hoping for them to be ready for after the international break, but we’ll see. Other than that I think we’re okay.”

From a gooners forum :rolleyes:
Bournemouth look flaky at the back, they’ve had a lot of injuries. Daniels is out long term and Rico makes Kolasinac look like prime Ashley Cole defensively and their keeper looks a bit sh*t.

Pepe might be able to get after them down that flank. Wilson up front has been in decent form tbh and Harry Wilson has been alright as well.

Line up will be:
Leno
Chambers - Sok - Luiz - Kola
Xhaka - Guendouzi
Ceballos
Pepe - Auba - Saka

glad we're playing them before Bellerin, Holding and Tierney are starters.
Hoping Danjuma/Fraser will get a chance to tear Chambers and Kolasinac a new one. Their right side, particularly, is something we could have some fun with :)

So no changes for us according to this.

Some for them from the last PL game.

Evening Standard

Predicted line-ups
Arsenal XI: Leno; Chambers, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac; Willock, Xhaka, Guendouzi; Pepe, Aubameyang, Saka

Bournemouth XI: Ramsdale, Stacey, S. Cook, Ake, Rico, H. Wilson, Billing, Lerma, King, C. Wilson, Solanke

Would like three in the middle,but I'll think we'll see four four two.If we can keep it tight for the first twenty then maybe we can get something from this.

Arsenal Forums showing a fair bit of respect and some project fear of Boscombe....mainly connected to their team selections in defence.
Still a bit of the tinpot stuff ..but we expect that. ..quite a few 3-1 predictions......but one of 4-2 to US and some saying 2-2 likely!

For me...being a Threat to Arsenal on their Soil.....is a great feel...after 50 years!

We all know Arsenal CAN be very dangerous still, especially at home, if their attacking players click. Bit like us really!

I can see Solanke making way for Lewis and a bolstered midfield but....Dom has been a part of a good three game spell, the way he links things...its not an accident Callum has had a good spell at the same time. So we should be aware of changing things there.

;