Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

....looking like the walking wounded will be up against it on Wednesday...losing Brooks,Steve Cook,Callum Wilson and with both Fraser and King feeling it from Saturday, along with no Lerma we will be stretched even further...however in adversity we can overcome!

Time to rotate and 'rest' Fraser and King for the Man City game??

Boruc

Clyne
Mepham
Simpson
Daniels

Smith
Surman
Ake
Gosling
Ibe

Mousset

Subs: Begovic/Rico/Surridge/Taylor/Fraser/King/Stanislas?

....looking like the walking wounded will be up against it on Wednesday...losing Brooks,Steve Cook,Callum Wilson and with both Fraser and King feeling it from Saturday, along with no Lerma we will be stretched even further...however in adversity we can overcome!

Time to rotate and 'rest' Fraser and King for the Man City game??

Boruc

Clyne
Mepham
Simpson
Daniels

Smith
Surman
Ake
Gosling
Ibe

Mousset

Subs: Begovic/Rico/Surridge/Taylor/Fraser/King/Stanislas?

No Solanke?

Can We Stop The Gunners Hitting The Target?

AFCB have a good recent record at home, the latest a 1-1 draw with Wolves, which could have been a win if the second penalty had gone in. We need to improve on our away results, eight defeats on the trot away from home and next a very hard game against an Arsenal (the Gunners, also known as the Gooners) side with a very good home record. Their latest result a home win against Saints, which gives Arsenal 35 points from their 14 home games, they have 53 points in total after 27 games. Looking for a positive note, our last away win was in London against Fulham and we are still looking for our first away draw.

In the January transfer window Arsenal signed Denis Suarez the midfield player on loan from Barcelona, they have the option on making the deal permanent at the end of the season. He has played for the Arsenal manager Unai Emery before, when Emery was in charge at Sevilla and Suarez was on loan.

At home Arsenal have won their last 7 matches in the Premier League. They are unbeaten at home since they lost their first Premier League home game this season 0-2 to Manchester City. Since then Arsenal have won 11 games and drawn 2. This is going to be a very tough game to pick up any points.

After our game against Arsenal at Dean Court In November which we lost 1-2, they had a mixed lot of results in the busy December programme. First at home they beat their London rivals Spurs 4-2. Next was a trip up North to Manchester to play the red side of the City United, it finished honours even 2-2. Next it was back home at the Emirates Stadium to face a struggling Huddersfield Town side, Arsenal got the only goal of the game. Arsenal then had a relatively short trip to Southampton, the home side took all 3 points in a 3-2 win, this was Arsenal’s first defeat of that month. They got back to winning ways back home, beating Burnley 3-1. The last game of the month was away at Anfield, Arsenal were thrashed 5-1.

The next game was on New Year’s Day at home against another London club Fulham, Arsenal took all 3 points in a 4-1 victory. This was followed with a trip to the London Stadium to face West Ham, the Hammers won 1-0. It was then back to the Emirates Stadium to play against their third London club in a row, Chelsea, the Gunners won 2-0. Last game of the month was also at home, Arsenal beat Cardiff City 2-1.

February started with an away game to play the other Manchester side City, it ended in a 3-1 defeat for Arsenal. The Gunners got back to winning ways with a 1-2 win away against Huddersfield Town. Their most recent game was home to Saints which Arsenal won 2-0.

Our away record against Arsenal is not good, we have never taken a point, we also lost in the League Cup 3-0 back in 1987. Our first visit there in the Premier League ended 2-0. 2016-17 it finished 3-1 and last season 3-0. In all competitions against Arsenal, the Cherries have Won 1, Drawn 1, Lost 6.

Six Game Form Guide in the Premier League – Starting with latest game first:

Arsenal WWLWWL - AFCB DLLWWL

Home Form Table
Arsenal – 3rd P14 W11 D2 L1 GF30 GA11 Pts 35

Away Form Table
AFCB – 16th P13 W3 D0 L10 GF12 GA30 Pts9

Arsenal Team News
They have Hector Bellerin and Rob Holding out with ACL knee injuries, Danny Welbeck with an ankle injury. In the game against Saints both Stefan Lichtsteiner back injury and Alex Iwobi with a knock being substituted, both players are expected to be fit for Wednesday night’s game. Also Ainsley Maitland-Niles has been missing through illness, he is also expected to be available again.

Arsenal Player To Watch
With the Arsenal manager Unai Emery shuffling his pack recently, if he plays Alexandre Lacazette the Arsenal number 9, been scoring regularly and has 11 goals and 5 assists to his name. A substitute in their last game against Saints, was their leading scorer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang with 15 goals and 4 assists.

AFCB Team News
Apart from our long term injuries, Steve Cook missed our recent draw against Wolves with a groin injury. Also Junior Stanislas who it was hoped would be available for our last game but in the end wasn’t, has been out with a hip flexor strain. Maybe he might make an already depleted squad on Wednesday. Also missing will be Jefferson Lerma who is suspended after picking up his tenth yellow card this season. Probably too early yet for Callum Wilson and David Brooks to make a return, they are expected to be back on the 9th March.

AFCB Player To Watch
Against an Arsenal defence that have only conceded 11 goals at home, hope Josh King can find a way through when he gets a chance.

...Arsenal are one of those teams that can show up on the day or go missing on the day...hopefully we can catch them with the latter and come home with some reward?

Arsenal cut through New Super Saintz sso easily and should have had 6 or 7. But Saints are playing with Fear.
We can go there and counter attack... like mad rabid dogs after rats on Malaga docks!
Remove the smug, chiselled grins from those North London Fake Cockney Pot- belied, Pig- faced retired rat- catchers!
Im wound up to Eruption point......Yesterday me and the missus were on Dartmoor miles from nowhere....got talking to a geezer photographing birds. He had an Arsenal Gun logo on his Manbag....course.. I mentioned the game on Wednesday din I....... " oh yeah" he says, " i'll be there for that one... Bomuff...lets face it mate their a flamin joke....Eddie Howe? Wenger Clone! Aint got a Clue! Wass Ee gonna do.?... ".
That...from a seemingly intelligent Twitcher snapping swooping Kestrels in a national park! I didnt bother challenging his view.. ...Weird F#cker !
As we walked away I just said " Enjoy the game" .
Then the Mrs goes " What Is... Eddie gonna Do? " That...from a Chelsea fan!

Arsenal cut through New Super Saintz sso easily and should have had 6 or 7. But Saints are playing with Fear.
We can go there and counter attack... like mad rabid dogs after rats on Malaga docks!
Remove the smug, chiselled grins from those North London Fake Cockney Pot- belied, Pig- faced retired rat- catchers!
Im wound up to Eruption point......Yesterday me and the missus were on Dartmoor miles from nowhere....got talking to a geezer photographing birds. He had an Arsenal Gun logo on his Manbag....course.. I mentioned the game on Wednesday din I....... " oh yeah" he says, " i'll be there for that one... Bomuff...lets face it mate their a flamin joke....Eddie Howe? Wenger Clone! Aint got a Clue! Wass Ee gonna do.?... ".
That...from a seemingly intelligent Twitcher snapping swooping Kestrels in a national park! I didnt bother challenging his view.. ...Weird F#cker !
As we walked away I just said " Enjoy the game" .
Then the Mrs goes " What Is... Eddie gonna Do? " That...from a Chelsea fan!

Steve Claridge was co-commentating for 5live yesterday - said Arsenal were dreadful, but S*********n were utterly clueless!

From Today on COWS

Eddie Howe has said that Junior Stanislas and Steve Cook will again be absent for Wednesday night’s Premier League clash at Arsenal.

The pair join a lengthy list of absentees, a situation the AFC Bournemouth manager was asked about in his pre-match press conference.

Howe began: “We have a few injuries, so many that I can’t remember!”

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/first-team/team-news-duo-missing-again-for-arsenal
Such a shame but seriously think we need to be looking at a replacement for Stanislas in the summer. He's just never consistently fit and can't be relied on when trying to build a team.

They're just not a team I particularly fear, even away. As long as we don't have any brain farts there's no reason we can't get something from this game.

---------------Boruc--------------
Smith---Mepham--Ake---Daniels
-------Gosling-----Surman-------
Ibe---------Mousset---------Fraser
----------------King----------------

Subs: Begovic, Clyne, Rico, Simpson, Taylor, Solanke, Surridge

They're just not a team I particularly fear, even away. As long as we don't have any brain farts there's no reason we can't get something from this game.

---------------Boruc--------------
Smith---Mepham--Ake---Daniels
-------Gosling-----Surman-------
Ibe---------Mousset---------Fraser
----------------King----------------

Subs: Begovic, Clyne, Rico, Simpson, Taylor, Solanke, Surridge

I would guess Clyne and Solanke to start ahead of Mousset and Daniels?

;