The Ashes

Labuschagne looked very good and expecting Warner to regain form.
Thought Archer was over bowled a little and needs Jimmy back to balance the attack. Would probably have to leave Denly out to accommodate Anderson.

You don’t need
Labuschagne looked very good and expecting Warner to regain form.
Thought Archer was over bowled a little and needs Jimmy back to balance the attack. Would probably have to leave Denly out to accommodate Anderson.

You don’t need Archer, Anderson, Broad, Woakes AND Stokes for bowling.

Broad has bowled well so retains place.
Woakes ditto offers something different and can provide useful runs.
Archer stays obviously.
Stokes is needed for batting and is still a very decent, if slightly underused bowler.
You must have one spinner as a minimum.

Regrettably, for sentimental reasons I cant see a place for Jimmy.
Less regrettably I see no need for him in the team.

I think that this will be last chance saloon for Roy (and even Denly?) as we need a more disciplined opener used to four/five day cricket...Sibley is waiting in the wings or even getting Vince or Jennings back?

I agree that Anderson should be left out as we can't weaken the batting in any way, we have enough attack with Archer,Woakes,Broad, and Stokes, but will need to fit in an effective spinner like Leach.

Yet another Ashes batting collapse of terrifying proportions. I'm sick and tired of England doing this against the Aussies again and again. It's ridiculous.

Hmm? What's that? What do you mean it was the other way around this time?

At last....some strong mental application showing through.....Cool Hand Archer leading!... Just listening to him talk in the news interview....gives me the impression he intends to 'be the business' for sometime to come....modest and focused... A bit like Mo Farah ?

Root winning the toss had a huge decision to make. Turned out alright in the end. Let’s hope it warms up and dries out tomorrow and the Aussies toil

Watched the hour highlights last night without knowing how the day had panned out. What a transformation in that last 2 hours
Game on

;