Asmir Begovic

I know he's proven himself, but the two years in the stiffs scares me, if I sent two years not doing my job, I reckon I'd be key crap at it when I come back

I agree that a long term keeper is required and that Federici isn't the answer, just not totally sure that Asmir is. I'll not hold my breath on the deal though, rumours are Real are tracking Courtois, so they likely want a top notch replacement as they might have to be the number one

tedisking - 19/1/2017 17:52

I know it was some time ago.......but he was very poor when on loan here

It's easy to say now but I always thought he looked really talented was just way too brave at the time.

Button on the other hand...

At 19, when on loan, Begovic showed the best potential of all the keepers we've had.

Send Boruc back for a week's training with the Polish gk coach, to sharpen him up again.

The Alchemist - 19/1/2017 18:31

Might hinge on Chelsea getting another keeper in or us adjusting the terms of the deal but sounds very promising.

Just have to hoe no one else now gets alerted.

Maybe we could offer Feds in a swap deal? :eyes:

Chelsea paid £8million for him in 2015 , I can't see how he has value has increased he has only made 17 appearances since then.

wimborne cherries - 19/1/2017 20:39

£10 million does seem a lot though...?

not in todays market. Would be a top signing imo, can't believe people are judging him by when he was starting his career over 10 years ago

MB1980 - 19/1/2017 20:46

wimborne cherries - 19/1/2017 20:39

£10 million does seem a lot though...?

not in todays market. Would be a top signing imo, can't believe people are judging him by when he was starting his career over 10 years ago
£10 million has apparently been rejected according to that Telegraph article. Briefly looked, £10 million would be the 10/11th most expensive goalkeeper of all time...! Not sure we should go much above that figure..

From the reports it seems like this is a matter of time before things get agreed and a deal done.

It seems probable that this got discussed at the time of Ake going back you would think.

At the start of the season perhaps.

He hasn't made any saves of particular note in the last few months that can change a game.

;