Asmir Begovic

Besiktas - great atmosphere in a fantastic new stadium on the Bosphorus very close to the centre of Istanbul, see photo below. Can’t see it myself, Besiktas has possibly the most passionate fans in Turkey and Asmir is, shall we say, pretty laid back.

435FA6DC-3DE7-444C-9BB4-4F4AC7A9ABEA.jpeg

He did keep a clean sheet against one of the promotion favourites.

Though Steve Cooks interventions helped.
Maybe the bar for keepers was particularly low this month and one clean sheet ( whether down to the keeper or not ) was enough to give him the nod, I don't know, I haven't checked the goals against stats for this month.

From my point of view he has been just about ok recently, certainly better than he has been for a while. If this accolade gives him a bit more confidence and self-belief then that can only be a good thing. Certainly a nice change from topping the 'shots leading to goals' stats ! ;)

We've got to pay him either way so I don't know why you wouldn't hope he does well. In fact I don't know why you wouldn't wish him well regardless of what he gats paid.
He’s a very good goalkeeper. Something went horribly wrong with form, confidence and relationships but he’s obviously got the jersey now and, I thought, played well against Norwich after some apparent uncertainty in earlier games.

Necessity is the mother of conciliation.

;