Asmir Begovic

I think it was a big mistake in hindsight for Eddie to fall out with him and let him out on loan given how well he has played since his return.

You think we chose to keep him? :slap:
Have you read the interview? Begovic implies that it was our choice to keep him at the club instead of letting him move on. I did say IF also. I was very much under the impression that we had tried to desperately offload but we had no takers, this interview contradicts that somewhat. Maybe you should read it before commenting next time.

Firstly he'll have a relegation clause, secondly if no one wants to buy him then we had no choice
Have you read the interview? Begovic implies that it was our choice to keep him at the club instead of letting him move on. I did say IF also. I was very much under the impression that we had tried to desperately offload but we had no takers, this interview contradicts that somewhat. Maybe you should read it before commenting next time.

They wouldn't meet his salary demands so we were stuck with him. Which didn't please many people - some of us said he was worth giving another chance if we were stuck with his wages anyway.

https://bournemouth-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/asmir-begovic.1931/page-57

Just to clarify not outraged or upset just can't help but think that after nearly 2 seasons of want-away players and accusations of not trying that coming out saying you wanted to join your loaned club but have been forced to stay is a little tone-deaf.

I think it was a big mistake in hindsight for Eddie to fall out with him and let him out on loan given how well he has played since his return.

He performed like this and got upset about being dropped not sure what Eddie was supposed to do. Keep playing him?

Just to clarify not outraged or upset just can't help but think that after nearly 2 seasons of want-away players and accusations of not trying that coming out saying you wanted to join your loaned club but have been forced to stay is a little tone-deaf.

He performed like this and got upset about being dropped not sure what Eddie was supposed to do. Keep playing him?

on one hand think fair enough being honest, he did mention being fully focused on afcb. on other hand can see how some may find it a bit insensitive, maybe even unprofessional and disrespectful to current club (who are paying him a very good wage).

particularly as he's criticized fans behaviour in the past.

he could have played safe and just avoided saying it in eddie howe style - 'happy and focused at bournemouth, don;'t want to comment on other clubs', which would avoid any potential backlash from people.

Last edited:
Mind you chums, rest assured we’ll be slamming him for this interview if he goes through a bad run of form that cost us matches in our run in for promotion.:grinning:

Contemplating the recent success and his play all season. Except for the couple of games at the end of JT's tenure, where Asmir might have been carrying an injury, he has been outstanding. Is he the best keeper in the Championship this year? Am struggling to think of one that I would take over him.

Contemplating the recent success and his play all season. Except for the couple of games at the end of JT's tenure, where Asmir might have been carrying an injury, he has been outstanding. Is he the best keeper in the Championship this year? Am struggling to think of one that I would take over him.

Tim Krul has been outstanding.

Here's a neutral view.

From football critic.

Ignoring Jeacock's one game, It's Krul then Bego when ranked by Average Rating. Look at Bego's MOTM awards though. He was keeping us in games early in the season. He has much less to do nowadays.

Capture.JPG

Here's a neutral view.

From football critic.

Ignoring Jeacock's one game, It's Krul then Bego when ranked by Average Rating. Look at Bego's MOTM awards though. He was keeping us in games early in the season. He has much less to do nowadays.

View attachment 5502

Krul also tops the save percentage stats for the league as well. Couldn’t find that table but found this, which I thought you in particular would appreciate...

Looking at Infogol's performance data, the expected goals against (xGA) table has Norwich at 10th.”

“ When your xGA is high, it means your opponents are having multiple chances to score each game. So if Norwich keep conceding opportunities, why do they never go in?
As a reliable, no-nonsense goalkeeper, Tim Krul is often overlooked in most non-penalty shootout situations. But a reliable, no-nonsense goalkeeper is exceedingly rare in the Sky Bet Championship.
Under the radar, Krul is in the form of his life.
Of the league’s keepers with 15 clean sheets or more, the 33-year-old’s save percentage of 83.9 is almost nine points more than the next best.”

“For every 10 goal-bound efforts, Krul will be equal to a smidge more than eight. Most of us don’t follow football for keeper stats but trust me, those figures are sensational. Over his entire career, Iker Casillas’ save percentage was 75.8.”
https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/how-krul-and-buendia-have-canaries-flying/190904

Krul also tops the save percentage stats for the league as well. Couldn’t find that table but found this, which I thought you in particular would appreciate...

Looking at Infogol's performance data, the expected goals against (xGA) table has Norwich at 10th.”

“ When your xGA is high, it means your opponents are having multiple chances to score each game. So if Norwich keep conceding opportunities, why do they never go in?
As a reliable, no-nonsense goalkeeper, Tim Krul is often overlooked in most non-penalty shootout situations. But a reliable, no-nonsense goalkeeper is exceedingly rare in the Sky Bet Championship.
Under the radar, Krul is in the form of his life.
Of the league’s keepers with 15 clean sheets or more, the 33-year-old’s save percentage of 83.9 is almost nine points more than the next best.”

“For every 10 goal-bound efforts, Krul will be equal to a smidge more than eight. Most of us don’t follow football for keeper stats but trust me, those figures are sensational. Over his entire career, Iker Casillas’ save percentage was 75.8.”
https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/how-krul-and-buendia-have-canaries-flying/190904

He's Holland's first choice isn't he? Not sure where Bego is in the Bosnia reckoning but he wasn't getting picked last time I looked.

He's Holland's first choice isn't he? Not sure where Bego is in the Bosnia reckoning but he wasn't getting picked last time I looked.

2 caps in 3.5 years by the looks of things. I remember reading he fell out with a manager at some point. But they’ve had a couple since then who haven’t picked him either.

;