Asmir Begovic

Lol more hypocritical wittering ....how do we discuss how we think a manager will set us up if not looking at how he did so at his previous team?
I don't know where you"ve got the idea I dislike him....I may dislike his tactics but that's as far as any criticism from me will go....... it's not like I called him a "sun tanned clown' is it Waza?
By observing how he sets our team up perhaps? You really are in no position to call somebody a hypocrite Tozza

The trouble with Waz is the way he constructs his comments. Usually full of knockdowns to any who do not agree.
Yes Waz, you are full on drama queen.
But then again, according to you Waz, I’m a dirty old man. Brilliant!!
Why do you actually post on this forum? Genuine question. All you seem to do is comment on the nature of other posters and offer nothing in terms of actual discussion. It’s like you just sit at your keyboard and wait for a post that you can then try to belittle somebody for.

What is the point of negotiating contracts that we can't afford? It's all very well putting relegation clauses in but make them stack up.
Currently we should have relegation clauses in place to ensure our club can survive in the event of a drop down to L1. It might actually make players fight for survival that little bit more as well.

What is the point of negotiating contracts that we can't afford? It's all very well putting relegation clauses in but make them stack up.
Currently we should have relegation clauses in place to ensure our club can survive in the event of a drop down to L1. It might actually make players fight for survival that little bit more as well.
Or it might make players go elsewhere.

Or it might make players go elsewhere.
Surely that is a win win for us then. I. e we get relegated our top earner has a huge wage cut, so wants to go elsewhere, we are then in a strong bargaining position as we can afford to keep but will agree to not stand in his way IF our demands are met.

Surely that is a win win for us then. I. e we get relegated our top earner has a huge wage cut, so wants to go elsewhere, we are then in a strong bargaining position as we can afford to keep but will agree to not stand in his way IF our demands are met.
If you’re prepared to accept players of of a lower standard then it’s a win-win

If a player is playing in PL & earning good PL wages & then becomes a Championship player due to relegation or that is the only offer available to him, surely he should then be on Championship wages! Not oh I was on £110k in PL so I'll now have £70k in the Championship.
Players expect a huge windfall when going up the leagues, should be the opposite if the reverse happens.

If a player is playing in PL & earning good PL wages & then becomes a Championship player due to relegation or that is the only offer available to him, surely he should then be on Championship wages! Not oh I was on £110k in PL so I'll now have £70k in the Championship.
Players expect a huge windfall when going up the leagues, should be the opposite if the reverse happens.
It’s just not how football works though. For any club trying to drive down wages there will be maybe half a dozen who will meet the player’s demands.

Why do you actually post on this forum? Genuine question. All you seem to do is comment on the nature of other posters and offer nothing in terms of actual discussion. It’s like you just sit at your keyboard and wait for a post that you can then try to belittle somebody for.
Lol. I do sit at my keyboard all day. Just waiting.
Indeed you do post your opinions, quite rightly. But you have a tendency to get into a strop if anyone disagrees with you. Not really a discussion.
Anyway I’ll refrain from annoying from now on.

If you’re prepared to accept players of of a lower standard then it’s a win-win
Don't get your reference to accepting lower standard players.
Harry Kane has a contract in PL say £200k per week IF his relegation clause slashed his salary to £30k do you think that would bother him? We all know he wouldn't play in the Championship irrespective of his salary, so the club are in a win-win situation & not risking bankruptcy.

Don't get your reference to accepting lower standard players.
Harry Kane has a contract in PL say £200k per week IF his relegation clause slashed his salary to £30k do you think that would bother him? We all know he wouldn't play in the Championship irrespective of his salary, so the club are in a win-win situation & not risking bankruptcy.
You’re missing my point. Do you really think he’d sign a relegation clause offering £30k a week? No, because there are other clubs that would drive the price up?

Seems like a reasonable move. Clear need to move some big earners on and perhaps renegotiate with others (Smith I assume). We can't be in the Champ with a 10k capacity acting all billy big bollox for long. That will only lead one way.

Good luck Asmir. Good Championship goolie but lets not forget he didn't really want to come back after Milan.

have people forgotten how terrible begovic was for most of that season in prem? glued to his line, rabbit in the headlights etc

gladly, it seems everton have forgotten too

Makes sense to let him go and give travers a chance
Travers has the makings of an excellent keeper. It's if SP can risk letting him start the campaign or whether he needs to bring in a more experienced keeper, there must be some out there who will take a move to us. Anyone know much about Alfie Whiteman at Spurs, England under age international, year left on contract, around £1m or loan?

Last edited:
Travers has the makings of an excellent keeper. It's if SP can risk letting him start the campaign or whether he needs to bring in a more experienced keeper, there must be some out there who will take a move to us. Anyone know much about Alfie Whiteman at Spurs, England under age international, year left on contract, around £1m or loan?
Why would Alfie Whiteman be less of a risk than Travers?

…as opposed to your often negativity and whinging d’you mean…

You’re missing my point. Do you really think he’d sign a relegation clause offering £30k a week? No, because there are other clubs that would drive the price up?
I don't think I am, perhaps we should agree to disagree.
My point is when in the PL &an example Callum Wilson wanted £100k per week we agreed, surely we could have negotiated that we are happy to offer such generous terms because we can afford that whilst in PL but if relegated the wage is £20k. We could even give him £120k in order to ensure a realistic wage in Championship so that we are not bankrupt if relegated. The amount of times we have said oh no one will come in for x, y or z because they have lost their mojo & no one will pay their absurd current wages. We have allowed the wages to be absurd and not affordable. Do you think Callum would have been that bothered about Championship terms if making more hay in the Prem knowing he will move to pastures new if relegated anyway.

;