Asmir Begovic

I do think the 5 goals he let in at Palace is made too much of in the same way the clean sheet v Spurs.
The goals he let in were all tap ins or one on ones

But it’s right there is expectation on him because he is a full Irish international and was given a good contract here. If we didn’t expect him to perform, neither would have happened
Must be very hard for him to be consistent when he rarely gets a game. When he’s good he’s very good. Consistency will come with a run of games and more experience with the players around him. He doesn’t have the commanding presence of Rambo but I think if called upon he would be a more than capable backup. Hard to judge him on so few performances but the potential is definitely there.

Decent pen saves last season. Give him a run of games and I am sure he will be more steady ... or lose all confidence if it goes wrong! I am sure the latter won’t happen - I watched a few u21 games a couple of years ago and was immediately struck at how good Travers is.

as posted elsewhere, I would sell Rambo for decent money and keep mark.

Need him off the wage bill, let's hope its a permanent deal.
Over the years we have made some big named signings which have failed but we have had them on our wage bill as most of them tend to go out on loan.

With Ramsdale likely to go (Sadly) to Sheff Utd, we would then only have Travers and Dennis left ( if Bego goes).
Do you think we shall sign another keeper? If so who!?

Loan or transfer, we’re still paying him to leave. If he’s contracted to 2021, he’s due c. 2-3m. The only question is how much will a new club pay him to play for them. Say it’s £1m per season. That £1m becomes a contribution to his wages via a loan deal (we pay the balance). Or all parties agree to a free transfer, he signs a new contract on £1m pa. But he won’t agree to that unless we pay him some or all of the balance of wages that he’d have been due ... So either way, we pay him the £1-2m difference between what he’s on now and what he’ll get from a new club. Transferring club will prefer a loan as they don’t then take the risk of signing him to a long contract and finding out after 3 months that he’s (still) rubbish.

Nomore loans....he's one of the biggest ..if not the biggest earner at the club...we simply have to get him off the wage bill even if it means giving him a free transfer.

But if we give him a free transfer we have to pay up his contract in full. If we loan him we only have the pay the shortfall in whatever the loaning club won't pay. So how is releasing him a better option?

Not sure we'd have to pay his full contract....there's always a deal to be done......it might appeal to him anyway as it's probably the only way he'll find another club.......how long does he have left on his contract?

One year left. Why would he accept a lower pay off? There's no incentive for him to do so.

He can find a permanent new home in twelve months time and meanwhile collect what will probably be the last year in his career of a salary at this level. In all likelihood a loan will materialise somewhere or other so he may even get game time.

But if we give him a free transfer we have to pay up his contract in full. If we loan him we only have the pay the shortfall in whatever the loaning club won't pay. So how is releasing him a better option?
I think the idea is we make him available for free ie a transfer fee of zero rather than releasing him.

Agree the difficulty is getting someone to take on his wages but let’s hope he’s had a relegation wage cut which might not be so off putting for another club.

;