Asmir Begovic

And yet Begovic didn't let any in of Boscombes ('Afcbs') goals last season...and played for a Milan.
He comes back off loan and is the scapegoat for 2 goals in a friendly because he missed the boat being scapegoat last season.
My God we have some strange outlooks down BH postcode way.

Obviously many of you have forgotten Begovic was statistically the Premier goalkeeper who made the most mistakes in the 18/19 season. Eddie woke up far too late to that statistic before dropping him, but if Begovic was so wonderful, then Eddie would not have replaced him with Rambo last season.
How long before Tindall gets the message, that you can expect Begovic to concede at least 2 goals every 45 minutes.

I know that the second goal yesterday no keeper would have saved, but he did concede three goals from 25 yard efforts yesterday (including disallowed goal.) He just never looks like making a save to keep you in the game. He also doesn’t come for crosses and can’t kick for toffee. I’m sorry but he’s just awful, Travers is a far better option and I can say that confidently having only seen him play five or so times.

And yet Begovic didn't let any in of Boscombes ('Afcbs') goals last season...and played for a Milan.
He comes back off loan and is the scapegoat for 2 goals in a friendly because he missed the boat being scapegoat last season.
My God we have some strange outlooks down BH postcode way.
Begovic was statistically the worst keeper in the league in his last full season with us. He’s not a scapegoat, he genuinely is terrible.

I’ve been a big critic of him but I wouldn’t blame him for either of the goals last night having seen the replays.

First time round under Bond Jr not a success and that was on loan. Second time round still not a success. Just hope we can get some sort of loan deal organised but no doubt still at a cost to us. Thanks Eddie and the recruitment team.

Begovic was statistically the worst keeper in the league in his last full season with us. He’s not a scapegoat, he genuinely is terrible.

Did you not notice our back four/three have been utter shite for three seasons.

And at least he didn't spend half his time throwing the ball into his own net like Artur.

*Milan....not Inter ;-)

I don't think the goals were his fault, especially the second. But I think too many are just over keen to jump down his throat for the slightest hint of an error, so probably best he does move on.
Davy he saves about 1.4 shots to every goal he lets in for us

Not jumping down his throat, but lost any confidence in him. A lot of goal keepers would have pushed that first one round the post last night.

TBH from the very first game away to WBA when he just stood on his line and watched their CB score, I have never felt comfortable with him.

Contrast that to second half, when Travers just seemed more of a calming influence.

In the first half all you heard Begovic say was 'away'. Teavers was much more vocal and encouraging throughout.

Personally I hope he goes to AC Milan or wherever asap.

Not jumping down his throat, but lost any confidence in him. A lot of goal keepers would have pushed that first one round the post last night.

TBH from the very first game away to WBA when he just stood on his line and watched their CB score, I have never felt comfortable with him.

Contrast that to second half, when Travers just seemed more of a calming influence.

In the first half all you heard Begovic say was 'away'. Teavers was much more vocal and encouraging throughout.

Don't necessarily disagree with any of that. I just think its best if he moves on, as fans will jump down his throat after even one mistake!

And at least he didn't spend half his time throwing the ball into his own net like Artur.
Oh come on. Regardless of how bad the defence was, how does that explain the fact that he contributed the most errors leading directly to goals for any player in the league that season? Or that he had the lowest save percentage of any goalkeeper in the league? Boruc may have been prone to the odd howler but at least he was capable of keeping you in games with key saves. Have you honestly ever seen Begovic make a save and think, ‘How did he manage to save that?’

Yes, every time the ball comes anywhere near the six yard box he glues himself to his line and just screams ‘away.’

yep, some of the begovic basing is going too far. I imagine a few of our favorites, past and present look ropey on paper.

shame as in there is a very good top level keeper, or at least at some point there was. wondering if he's one of those keepers thats just lost it mentally, for whatever the reason

You'd imagine he'd be a top championship player, age wise and should be in his prime.

I think the issue is value and not sure we can justify having someone who isn;t playing near his best on 50, 60 70k... or whatever he's on a week in the championship.

Doubt anyone would take him on paying this wages, so unless he's 100% interested and focused on playing for us, we're going to come out a lot worse than he is with this one.

Not a fan of Begovic anymore, but if he's willing to stay, work hard, and has a positive attitude (I realize all 3 of those may not necessarily be fulfilled!) then I'll try to get behind him as long as he's here.
We'll need more than Travers anyway.

Agree with MB on this. Begs has been a top keeper in the past. Not sure what happened to him with us. I remember being excited at the prospect on him joining us, but it just never panned out for him here. Eddie did wait far too long before taking him out. I believe he is still a good keeper, but mentally he is not right when it comes to our club. Don't know what went on or what is in his head, but all top level football is about mental approach and confidence (especially in goal) and he doesn't have that with us. I wish him all the best, but think he should move on for everyone's sake.

;