Away support today

wallmth

Fans' Favourite
Great great effort from everyone that went .To make that pain in the **************** trip for a News years day ,early kick off ,crap weather and live on the Telly match . Hope THAT goal mouth scramble was worth it .

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to all. I cried off with a chest infection so at least I didn't cough over everybody on the 8am (?) coach. Very frustrating going back to listening on Solent but Adam Blackmore did a very good job and they do try and ask Eddie the questions we want to ask.

Excellent pie and pint at 11 o'clock got the system going again. Thought we were all a bit quiet and sluggish to start with - bit like the team but hopefully for different reasons. Plenty of noise in the second half though.

Getting back to DC at 4.30 made a nice change and a bit of payback for the early get up on NYD.

Certainly felt more positive about the performance than many on here who saw it on TV. Don't know why - different perspectives perhaps - of course I don't like the defensive frailties but really felt the effort from half fit, knackered players to keep pushing forward at the end.

Very proud and happy with the point.

It absoultely was worth it. We were stuck in the front few rows, absolutely sodden with the intermittent downpours. But in a weird way it became worth it when we got to see that goal line scramble for the second goal all the more closely. It really was like a flashback to the lower leagues, but quite brilliantly exciting.

I ended up having to get the train at the last minute so I'm only just back. The whole day felt like an absolute ordeal including the match but I'm the same as above - it's only a point in a game we could/should have won but it was well worth it.

I'd have been suicidal if we'd have lost though - I'm not emotionally equipped to deal with NYD games.

:thumbsup:

I gave it a miss, had a do last night plus City away has left me emotionally scarred...not the result but the support which was reminiscent of a librarians day out..in a library. That said I met son of Gary who worked himself into a frenzy screaming at the pensioners and kids because they weren't joining in his songs.

Enjoyable trip, thanks to the minibus service. Straight onto the A27 very quickly after the match.

Support was good but felt flat at times which was understandable.

To be fair it's quite difficult to get any atmosphere going in that away end,the roof is so high any sound just disappears,I've been there 3 times now and the atmosphere has been flat every time,even when we beat them 2-0 in the Championship Title season.
That said I thought when we were attacking towards our goal second half we made a fair bit of noise.
Brighton were shocking,hardly any singing at all !

Always a crap atmosphere there, for whatever reason... For BHA support was very poor... Could her a pin drop in the early stages of the game...

Thought the fans gave it a good go today at making some noise when the team needed it...

Agree about the lack of atmosphere, really quiet sets of fans pre half time.

As said above, not the best time of day to get people fired up 'local derby' or not.

Not sure where the whole pain the **************** journey thing came from.

Masses of trains from our way (Portsmouth), free from Worthing onward. No queues anywhere
Got to the ground early for a decent hour and a half of drinking.

Spent another hour in the ground after in their supporters club.

Walked straight (actually a bit wobbly) onto a train to do reverse journey at 4 and got back Chez Ghost at 7.15.
Easier and probably quicker than Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Swansea, Watford etc.

My first visit to the Amex. Great stadium but awful atmosphere, it what I fear if we ever get a new stadium. If it's going to be like that then I'd rather not.

Must have been the best day to drive there and back, not much on the road except us Cherries.

Disappointed with the lack of food and beer although managed to get a couple of pints of Harvey's in before the barrel ran dry.

Haven't watched it again on TV yet but was very positive about the performance, despite the obvious continuing errors, I thought we played some great football at times and agreed with the text a Brighton colleague sent me afterwards that read "Was happy when the final whistle went, another 10 minutes and you'd have won it".

Don't like going there. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere.
Far too cramped behind stands in bar area. Didn't feel safe. Very poor design for a modern stadium.

Ken Baileys Ghost - 2/1/2018 08:10

As said above, not the best time of day to get people fired up 'local derby' or not.

Masses of trains from our way (Portsmouth), free from Worthing onward. No queues anywhere

Walked straight (actually a bit wobbly) onto a train to do reverse journey at 4 and got back Chez Ghost at 7.15.
Easier and probably quicker than Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Swansea, Watford etc.

see KBG they have got you hooked on the Brighton corporate match day experience. You have to go to the ground to get what you want, none of this enjoyable comfortable local pub and amble round the town beforehand spending your money with the local traders. You have spent your money and it has gone into our arch rivals pockets to fund their transfer kitty - shame on you. :hihi:

redharry - 2/1/2018 10:06

see KBG they have got you hooked on the Brighton corporate match day experience. You have to go to the ground to get what you want, none of this enjoyable comfortable local pub and amble round the town beforehand spending your money with the local traders. You have spent your money and it has gone into our arch rivals pockets to fund their transfer kitty - shame on you. :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

And its a ground that I've done that you haven't.

Plastic.

bruce red - 2/1/2018 12:47

Don't like going there. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere.
Far too cramped behind stands in bar area. Didn't feel safe. Very poor design for a modern stadium.

The away concourse is a terrible design. They must lose so much money at half time with the queues going back so far.

It was unfortunate that it was so damp and chilly pre game as there is plenty of space around the outside of the stadium and many more would have stayed and eaten/drank outside had the weather been better as it was back in 2015.

Half time concourse is bad at most grounds - but this one is quite poor for a newer ground. I wonder if it is any better in the home areas - anyone know?

Ken Baileys Ghost - 2/1/2018 10:26

redharry - 2/1/2018 10:06

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

And its a ground that I've done that you haven't.

Plastic.

Long may that continue with them getting relegated. :afcb:

;