Barnsley - The verdict.

Worth saying that, first six minutes apart, Barnsley were the absolute antithesis of the team that came to Dean Court last season. The night Willo absolutely lost the plot in the co-commentary position and, IIRC, had a break from the airwaves for a game or two.

That night Barnsley were a well oiled single unit full of aggression and intent and deserved what they got from the game. Today they were the epitome of a team rolling over to have their tummy tickled. The final score was extremely flattering for them.

Last edited:
Worth saying that, first six minutes apart, Barnsley were the absolute antithesis of the team that came to Dean Court last season. The night Willo absolutely lost the plot in the co-commentary position and, IIRC, had a break from the airwaves for a game or two.

That night Barnsley were a well oiled single unit full of aggression and intent and deserved what they got from the game. Today they were the epitome of a team rolling over to have their tummy tickled. The final score was extremely flattering for them.

Yeah, not as good for sure, but how much was today down to how we played? Barnsley have had some decent results and played ok apparently.

Where did the Zemura / Leicester rumour come in? Haven't noticed it. We really should be insisting he signs a new deal if he wants to hold onto his position. Otherwise we could end up with a different situation later in the season.

Enjoyable game. Could have been more than 3. We have pace and energy in abundance. Cahill looked solid with a good experienced football brain. Smithy and Zemura gave real pace out wide. Lerma and Pearson controlled the middle and Billing gave some real bursts of energy. Anthony linked up well with Zemura and Brooks looked happier having Smithy back. Thought Christie looked good and Rogers caused some problems with his pace. By that stage Barnsley looked totally shagged. I know Dom scored a tap in but missed a good chance in the first half that would have killed the game off earlier. Thought he looked off it today. Lowe got involved from the off. All in all though a good day at the office and a great boost for Tuesday.
Oh, and that lad Zemura is pretty damned special !

Could and maybe should have been more.
Not that it matters, we got 3 points.
Keep the flow going, QPR will be tougher I expect.
Barnsley weren't great to be honest, one of the poorer teams we'll see. Might be good playing them quite early on.

Was nice to see the setup of the team and everyone knew their exact position and job.

The setup and organisation of the back 4 was excellent, Cahill never stopped shouting and wasn’t as slow as I thought he was!

The bench is looking unbelievably strong now! Squad is better than it was last season in my opinion. Parker can’t have any qualms now!

;