Barnsley v AFC Bournemouth

Yeah..this Carte -Vickers blokey...not much point signing in a player from another club and having him watching squirrels in Durley Chine...years ago if you signed a new player it meant you needed him and he was bunged straight in....now they come to DC...have a coffee with the tea ladies, try on shirts, spin on a catwalk and zip off to Sandbanks to get the 'woke' on all that...then a few handbrake skids in Lower Parkstone , turn west and sit outside the Jolly Sailor on a splintery retro bench telling stories of their old club, how they trained with Zigabello and Georgio van Pecarzihno...while they wait to get on a plastic bench somewhere near a pitch.
If it all fizzles out....the double- barrelled names can get you into a BCP job....sussing out six-legged lizards on the heathlands that need protecting and could halt stadium builds !

Surridge linked up well with Brooks in the number 10 role in that Manchester City game, not sure they have played together since.

If you hold to the maxim of asking players to earn their place then Surridge has to start. He was the best AFCB player on the pitch in the last match after he came on. Therefore he deserves a start.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do with the formation is in order to accommodate him though. Maybe the 4-4-1-1 again. Ask him to do exactly what he did in the last match again and see if the others can raise their game to match him.

I

It’s a tough one to call, I agree that a back to basics approach is needed but I’m just not convinced that this line up will provide enough creativity. We really are held back by our defenders not being very good at defending. I believe that Surridge deserves to play, so maybe if Danjuma not fit then Brooks as a ten with 2 up front? Then I don’t think we’d have anywhere near enough threat on the wings, but if we go 4-4-2 I can see us getting torn to shreds. I feel a bit sorry for Tindal tbh, I think he’s almost damned if he does damned if he doesn’t here. But who knows, maybe this Carter Vickers bloke will come in and be the out and out defender that we desperately need.
I'm not too worried about creativity tbh we just don't want to give this type of team any early encouragement by looking vulnerable at the back...especially with the way they press......get off to a solid start and then with the 5 sub rue we can bring plenty of creativity on once we have a foothold in the game.
The front 3 is very interchangeable anyway.....each of them can play anywhere across the front line and are comfortable dropping off and linking play.

If you hold to the maxim of asking players to earn their place then Surridge has to start. He was the best AFCB player on the pitch in the last match after he came on. Therefore he deserves a start.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do with the formation is in order to accommodate him though. Maybe the 4-4-1-1 again. Ask him to do exactly what he did in the last match again and see if the others can raise their game to match him.

I’m not sure you accommodate Surridge into his best position all because he was good for 45 minutes, but displace Solanke who has been player of the season to date in the same role.

I’d back Solanke to offer more to the team as a 9 than Surridge, so leave him on the bench as an impact sub.

---------------Begovic-------------
Smith---Mepham---Cook---Rico
---Stanislas--L. Cook--Ofoborh---
Brooks-------Solanke-------RoRo

Subs: Travers, Simpson, Zemura, Kelly, Danjuma, Anthony, Billing, Gosling, Surridge

Maybe I'm insane but I'm feeling this.

I’m not sure you accommodate Surridge into his best position all because he was good for 45 minutes, but displace Solanke who has been player of the season to date in the same role.

I’d back Solanke to offer more to the team as a 9 than Surridge, so leave him on the bench as an impact sub.
Perhaps 4-4-2 is worth a try? (Shudder)

Another rallying cry from Steve Cook-I don’t fancy our chances.

It seems a recurring theme over the years.Bad performance one week only to be told "we have to learn from this game" "We will put in a much better performance next match"
Problem being is they don't step up.
How often over the past years have we said "do your talking on the pitch not in the(usually Bournemouth Echo") press/media.

;