Bartłomiej Drągowski

I do wonder if Eddie is pursuing Drągowski and this is one of the reasons why Artur's contract has been extended - the lure of being under/working alongside his countryman/a Polish international legend might be appealing?

I watched one of "those" youtube highlight videos.... and wasnt impressed! Seemed to spill the ball a lot, and was very punchy. #scientific

I don't see the problem with keeping Boruc as No1 for next season, with Travers as our "Cup Keeper" (depending on form they can obviously switch around if the need arises). Ramsdale can have a loan to a good Championship club, and we can just use one of the academy players like Dennis as third choice. If anyone gets injured we can always recall Ramsdale.

I really don't think we should be splashing the cash on a goalkeeper who may or may not even improve us; for me it's hardly a priority anyway, but if we were to sign someone I would much rather get a proven, experienced GK, instead of taking a punt on some kid.

IMO Ramsdale will be our No1 GK within the next few years and will probably be involved with England, and Travers has also emerged as a good prospect. I don't see how signing another GK of a similar age for big bucks is a good idea; doesn't send a particularly good message to our young keepers. That money would be better used elsewhere (e.g. Connor Roberts, or another CM).

Bart has two and a half seasons as first choice in the top flight of the nation he's playing.

Calling him first choice for 2 and a half seasons is a bit of a stretch, he's only made 9 appearances in all competitions for Fiorentina in that time.

I didn;t count any Fiorentina time in there. I mean the two years at Jagellionski (excuse spelling) and the recent half season at Empoli. Admittedly were it not for injury he might well have been first choice at Fiorentina last season (17/18) and be even further ahead, but unfortunately that didn't happen

I didn;t count any Fiorentina time in there. I mean the two years at Jagellionski (excuse spelling) and the recent half season at Empoli. Admittedly were it not for injury he might well have been first choice at Fiorentina last season (17/18) and be even further ahead, but unfortunately that didn't happen

Ah ok didn't realise that.

No problem, I didn't make it clear. I recall being amazed when he was spoken about a couple of years back being very surprised that (even though it's only Poland) he'd played two seasons as first choice already at only 18/19

It’s a tricky dilemma. We have 2 experienced keepers who are below the ideal standard. We also seemingly have 2 excellent young keepers who could become top PL keepers in a few years.

I’m almost tempted to say let’s blag it with Boruc for another year. With Travers as our cup keeper and hopefully getting international experience and Ramsdale on loan at a decent Championship club we should have a better idea of their ability in 12 months time.

We could even get a cheap experienced pro in for a season for additional cover. Keiren Westwood perhaps? And if it really is a disaster there’s always next Jan window. It just seems a waste to block Travers or Ramsdale potential path to the first XI for the foreseeable future.

It’s a tricky dilemma. We have 2 experienced keepers who are below the ideal standard. We also seemingly have 2 excellent young keepers who could become top PL keepers in a few years.

I’m almost tempted to say let’s blag it with Boruc for another year. With Travers as our cup keeper and hopefully getting international experience and Ramsdale on loan at a decent Championship club we should have a better idea of their ability in 12 months time.

We could even get a cheap experienced pro in for a season for additional cover. Keiren Westwood perhaps? And if it really is a disaster there’s always next Jan window. It just seems a waste to block Travers or Ramsdale potential path to the first XI for the foreseeable future.
Not too sure about getting cheap experienced pros in. We're supposed to be a family club.

...right. Who is willing to go to the club tomorrow and feed back with any unusual comings and goings of footballers? I would but I'm a bit busy washing my hair.

;