Bedwetter

I think poor old Waz was being a tad over-sensitive about the terrible treatment he thinks he had here.

I've just had a look at his posts/likes stats, and they show that he had 5596 likes for his 3685 posts. That's a very positive score indeed, a 151% likes-to-posts ratio.

So how does that compare to a random selection of other well-established posters ?

Well, the ever-combative Slow Down Derek got 85% likes to posts - that's way, way down on Waz's score.

Red Harry comes in at 54%

Ken Bailey's Ghost ? A measly 42%

And, since you ask, Old Cherry at 47%

So, in fact, I'd hazard a guess that judged on likes/posts, poor old persecuted Waz was in fact a wildly POPULAR member of this board !

:Fingers:
I think poor old Waz was being a tad over-sensitive about the terrible treatment he thinks he had here.

I've just had a look at his posts/likes stats, and they show that he had 5596 likes for his 3685 posts. That's a very positive score indeed, a 151% likes-to-posts ratio.

So how does that compare to a random selection of other well-established posters ?

Well, the ever-combative Slow Down Derek got 85% likes to posts - that's way, way down on Waz's score.

So, in fact, I'd hazard a guess that judged on likes/posts, poor old persecuted Waz was in fact a wildly POPULAR member of this board !

I just worked mine out. 42%. @oldcherry has beaten me.

One of his last posts concerned Eddie Mitchell who people ( rightly or wrongly ) have been slagging off on this board for years. The moment poor old Waz joined in he got ripped a new one.

Interesting way of looking at things - I'd wager a few of us would outscore our 'like' percentage if there was a 'don't like' option.

I think the stats should be taken with a pinch of salt though. Lot's of folk had thousands of posts before the like function was introduced and people who do match reports etc. tend to get loads for going to the effort (and rightly so).

Well Well..47% !...but I'm not doing a dance of death around my dustbin.. demoralised and dumped on @rse...
I'm not really in the market for Likes..although they are a mildly nice relief at times.
Anyway .. Im just benched..that's all!

:taz: :arrghh: :bounce: :eek: :mad: :guns:

:ROFLMAO:

Call me a Luddite but since reading about the history of reasons behind the ‘like’ button when it comes to online behaviour I don’t use it out of principle. Derived by a psychologist as a way of getting an addictive response from people when using onplatforms. All to do with the serotonin hit of being liked.
Poor kids these days having there moods manufactured by big business. Might help explain the binary responses that Waz is feeling.
Being liked is probably a good moral compass but not everyone is going to like everyone and not being liked doesn’t mean your hated.

Hopefully that might help my current 90% post to like ratio. :sneaky:

Very strange, seemed quite happy to give some posters a hard time (Istabtraq is one that springs to mind) and very quick to denounce/sarcastically demean people who had opinions different to his/her/their own whilst stating how important it was for a forum to have opinions. Then leaves after a handful of posters aren’t gushing over our win at the weekend. Call me a cynic but I will be keeping an eye out for new poster names and “you’re Waz and I claim my £5” posts :)

Shame to lose the match analysis which I thought were generally on point, but life goes on beyond this messageboard (apparently)…..it’s why I lurk and like more than I actually post, if Brian and the Elite chase me off here I’ll have to go and do something else, like spend time with my family or join the metaverse.

Very strange, seemed quite happy to give some posters a hard time (Istabtraq is one that springs to mind) and very quick to denounce/sarcastically demean people who had opinions different to his/her/their own whilst stating how important it was for a forum to have opinions. Then leaves after a handful of posters aren’t gushing over our win at the weekend. Call me a cynic but I will be keeping an eye out for new poster names and “you’re Waz and I claim my £5” posts :)

Shame to lose the match analysis which I thought were generally on point, but life goes on beyond this messageboard (apparently)…..it’s why I lurk and like more than I actually post, if Brian and the Elite chase me off here I’ll have to go and do something else, like spend time with my family or join the metaverse.

I think its a shame he left, as it is with any poster really. If you're abrasive/opinionated its going to draw/cause conflicts/disagreements from time to time.

If he does return under another name it will be pretty obvious due to his distanct style. Bit like Vlad/Resevoir when he returned.

I'm surprised he left, didn;t think he'd let that kind of thing bother him.

Last edited:
:Fingers:

I just worked mine out. 42%. @oldcherry has beaten me.
Just to point out that I am not Brian and the only resemblance is that he hijacked my user name. You need to work out his previous billmcgarry, Cornwall, Brian incarnations, too. As for taking umbrage, most posters use this forum as a hobby including 'point scoring'. It's part of the territory. It's probably why most members read a lot more than they post.

Just to point out that I am not Brian and the only resemblance is that he hijacked my user name. You need to work out his previous billmcgarry, Cornwall, Brian incarnations, too. As for taking umbrage, most posters use this forum as a hobby including 'point scoring'. It's part of the territory. It's probably why most members read a lot more than they post.

Please accept my most sincere apologies :grinning:

“likes” only came in relatively recently so many posted thousands of times without the like button. Thus newer members get a higher ratio

I wonder which old cherry is the oldest. Perhaps we need an 'old off'.

;