Begovic

If I was a young ball boy and a player asked for the ball I'd have to be very brave to not give it to him or chuck it away. He'd probably have been in trouble for not handing it over anyway. Bit like towelgate for the Stoke long throws.

When a professional player treats a child like a whipping boy, f**ck that. I'm not scapegoating I just f**cking hate bully's. And I hate cheating just as much. Winning IS NOT everything.

must admit I hate time wasting like this and would like to see some way of stamping it out.
It would be relatively simple to do. For "downtime" associated with injuries, goal celebrations and substitutions, just stop the clock and restart it when play resumes. Easy. For delay of play, such as goalkeepers and throw-ins, adopt basketball's 5 second rule - if the ball is not put in play within 5 seconds, it goes over to the other team. Not rocket science, just needs some balls to change the laws.

BTW - how many of us wish(ed) that we could have wasted an extra minute against ManU ......

Having favourite players and favourite scapegoats is so daft....kidding ourselves with our own vanity of our judgements!
Not directed at anyone in particular....most of us do it each season!
Totally agree with you Bill! The problem is, if you constructively criticise a player one game, then praise him the next, in this day and age you get accused of being a hypocrite.

I have players I rate more than others but I can't be arsed in having favourites. In the Cardiff game, the tw@t sat infant of me had a tantrum after our 2nd goal, as his 2 scapegoats, Franno and Wilson combined for the goal! Just support the team FFS.

Good to see Begovic picked out on MOTD as our key man vs Huddersfield. Made some outstanding saves. Must give the defence a lot of confidence to have someone of that quality and experience behind them. Top man.

It would be relatively simple to do. For "downtime" associated with injuries, goal celebrations and substitutions, just stop the clock and restart it when play resumes. Easy. For delay of play, such as goalkeepers and throw-ins, adopt basketball's 5 second rule - if the ball is not put in play within 5 seconds, it goes over to the other team. Not rocket science, just needs some balls to change the laws.

BTW - how many of us wish(ed) that we could have wasted an extra minute against ManU ......
could not agree more
something needs to be done
in some games there's less than a couple of minutes active play in the final 10 minutes, including the so-called added time