Ben Brereton Diaz

Phillip Billing has hardly set the World alight in the PL to date either... 1 PL goal from 34 PL appearances with us and 2 PL goals form 43 PL appearances with Huddersfield...

He'll really need to step up with 5 or 6 next season, along with the other midfielders...
One goal??

If we get BBD It will give parker the option for 5-3-2. Moore and Dembele seem like two players who will come on and make an impact and get a few goals. It's a shame Forest went up and Gibbs White is already at a premier league club because those 2 would improve us massively. I think we need a forward/wide player of the calibre of Gibbs White/Johnson, 1 striker BBD would be the perfect fit IMO, 2 or 3 defenders and a back up keeper for Travers, Hennessy would be a good shout if he is still back up for Burnley.

Like you say, I dont think we're asking for a midfielder(s) that will grab us 10+ a season, but when you look at the stats above, our potential starting 2 midfielders have scored not even 10 between them in 3 or 4 seasons... and 2 of those have been in the 2nd tier of football...

I know this last year we've played Cook and/or Lerma in a more sitting role due t Parker's preference of 2 advanced players supporting Solanke, but Anthony will never have played at this level before and Solanke is still almost 'untested' at PL level... We really do need to be prepared to add some goal scoring quality into our central midfield, which will likely result in either Lerma or Cook being dropped... Which is unthinkable really, but the reality of trying to stay in the PL...

Makes you wonder whether Marcondes deserves a chance. I know he isn't the best defensively but he certainly knows how to score.

One goal??

I don't think we should bring 2019-20 into it too much. Firstly, the whole team were terrible and there were obviously problems behind the scenes affecting team and therefore individual performances. Billing and Solanke are now much more confident and established at the club. They have had two years to improve. I say give them a clean PL slate and start to make judgements 4-5 matches in next season. The lack of goals from Christie, Cook and Lerma, even Smith and the centre backs concerns me more. We need a set piece coach. Lerma is very capable and should be aiming to score more often from forward runs/corners. Smith or whoever plays at right back/left wing back needs to chip in too. Even Cook should be having more shots. We desperately need a decent free kick shooter. Our best is Stan but he never plays, so either stop the pulling rank and let Zemura have a go or buy a player or two who happen to be good at them.

I think Anthonys goal return was pretty good, i think around 7 or 8.

Yes and that's not always starting and going through a barren goal spell. His crossing has got better too and his defending. I like Christie. He always gives 100% but needs to score more if he plays on the right. He also needs to improve his defending. It's why we desperately need competition for him and probably rotation too. Feel I'm repeating myself across posts but he needs to become a more complete player for us and himself too if he is to establish himself as a PL player.

A favourite of mine, scores goals, two footed and can control the ball. He doesn’t seem to fit in though which puzzles me especially given our laughable goal return from midfield

Think that was the similar situation when he played for Brentford.

A favourite of mine, scores goals, two footed and can control the ball. He doesn’t seem to fit in though which puzzles me especially given our laughable goal return from midfield

Didn't realise he was two-footed. That's a bonus. I think he played pretty well when entrusted. Not the most robust in defence, which may be Parker's issue, but to have got 5 goals (and could have had more) given his limited number of appearances, was great.

Maybe. I only get to the away games and obviously don’t see him training but he has done well when I’ve seen him including against Millwall on the last day and was taken off then

Makes you wonder whether Marcondes deserves a chance. I know he isn't the best defensively but he certainly knows how to score.

Looks good to very good championship player at best. Nowhere near good enough if we're serious about staying up imo.

Yes and that's not always starting and going through a barren goal spell. His crossing has got better too and his defending. I like Christie. He always gives 100% but needs to score more if he plays on the right. He also needs to improve his defending. It's why we desperately need competition for him and probably rotation too. Feel I'm repeating myself across posts but he needs to become a more complete player for us and himself too if he is to establish himself as a PL player.
The competition will hopefully come from Brooks. Although I doubt there will be much competition as Brooks is a far better player. If only Christie would receive the ball facing the opposition goal he would improve immensely. He faces our right back an amazing amount

The competition will hopefully come from Brooks. Although I doubt there will be much competition as Brooks is a far better player. If only Christie would receive the ball facing the opposition goal he would improve immensely. He faces our right back an amazing amount

Not sure Brooks will be ready for a while. There's a chance he might never regain full fitness due to the aggressive treatment he's endured. What we do know is he's well again, which is the most important thing, and he'll do everything in his power to come back to the levels he was at before.

;