Ben Brereton Diaz

Think he would be an excellent addition, but think will be a lot of competition.
We do need at least 3 defenders me thinks

BDD very impressive at DC but who to play from Dom, Anthony, Moore, Diaz? Is Parker revising his tactics and/or first choice selection? Or is this “exclusive” Sun hooley?

I cant see the logic of Solanke Moore and Diaz - all big guys with similar attributes - and all competing for one regular spot and a sub appearance here and there.A speedy forward able to play off either wing would make much more sense. We will also need to let the likes of Marcondes and Lowe leave to make room for any new strikers in the 25 man squad.

A number of clubs are interested in Ben Brereton, including Everton and Leeds and a few Spanish clubs.

£13 million being quoted as the fee for a young player.

Scott Parker wants to build the spine of the team first which is wise.

I cant see the logic of Solanke Moore and Diaz - all big guys with similar attributes - and all competing for one regular spot and a sub appearance here and there.A speedy forward able to play off either wing would make much more sense. We will also need to let the likes of Marcondes and Lowe leave to make room for any new strikers in the 25 man squad.
Diaz can play off either wing....although usually on on the left...three uniquely different forwards tbf.....

Think he would be an excellent addition, but think will be a lot of competition.
We do need at least 3 defenders me thinks
Scott thinking four if that article is true - sounds a lot but 2 replace full back loanees Leif and Laird while one presumably will be Philipps or equivalent.

Need more players who can add to the scoresheet,sounds pretty close to our future needs.
And more players who can get the ball to them.
We did score an awful lot of goals last season and hopefully with No.7 fit again , maybe we'll be OK in that department.
Fingers crossed.

The hardest position to fill imo. A 12-15 goal striker in the PL. Everyone wants one, there aren't many around and they cost a fortune. It will be interesting to see how many goals Mitrovic scores next season having hit the 40 goal mark last season and the same for Dom who hit the 30 goal mark last season. Other than Billing there weren't many other serious goalscorers in our team so anything that can bolster the scoring ranks will be a good signing. If Dom and Moore can chip in with 10-15 each then we might be ok. As long we don't concede hatfuls , of course.

The hardest position to fill imo. A 12-15 goal striker in the PL. Everyone wants one, there aren't many around and they cost a fortune. It will be interesting to see how many goals Mitrovic scores next season having hit the 40 goal mark last season and the same for Dom who hit the 30 goal mark last season. Other than Billing there weren't many other serious goalscorers in our team so anything that can bolster the scoring ranks will be a good signing. If Dom and Moore can chip in with 10-15 each then we might be ok. As long we don't concede hatfuls , of course.
It's going to be difficult for both Dom and Moore to knock in 10-15 goals tbh as they are unlikely to play together......Moore will most likely be making appearances from the bench.
If Dom scores 15 he'll have had the season of his life so we really do need more goals in the team than we currently have.....we'll need 45-50 goals to have a chance of staying up.

And more players who can get the ball to them.
We did score an awful lot of goals last season and hopefully with No.7 fit again , maybe we'll be OK in that department.
Fingers crossed.

We only scored one more than the lowest in the top 6 and about 60% as much as the highest.

That said I think it's more due to economical football rather than lack of finishing ability.

;