Ben Pearson

Love it.

preston.jpg

I especially enjoy the way it gets under the skin of these complete also-ran clubs when AFCB sign a player from them.

The vast majority of us know who we are, know where we come from and know where, in all likelihood, we'll end up eventually. We'll still be here though. Supporting a L1 also-ran club.

Meanwhile they can continue to live their delusions of grandeur. Winning stuff before WWII doesn't mean you get to act all Charlie Big Potatoes not far off a century later without looking ridiculous.

I was a bit nonplussed by this potential signing until I read his info on Wikipedia:

"Benjamin David Pearson (born 4 January 1995) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for the pride of lancashire preston north end. Pearson can also play in a number of other positions including goalkeeper; left back; centre back; right back; left wingback; right wingback; right midfield; centre midfield; right midfield; left winger; right winger; striker and is also a very good substitute on the bench"

...now I get it...;)

I was a bit nonplussed by this potential signing until I read his info on Wikipedia:

"Benjamin David Pearson (born 4 January 1995) is an English professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for the pride of lancashire preston north end. Pearson can also play in a number of other positions including goalkeeper; left back; centre back; right back; left wingback; right wingback; right midfield; centre midfield; right midfield; left winger; right winger; striker and is also a very good substitute on the bench"

...now I get it...;)

What used to be known to us fans going back as an utility player, we signed a number of them. :grinning:

from PNE fans:

Ben Pearson. Best midfielder, arguably player, I’ve seen at North End for some time. Incredible passer, tremendous workrate, so good defensively but above all else, a massive shithouse. Bournemouth, please, please, look after him for us. #AFCB

@PNEFansForum

Just so you #AFCB fans know, its baffling to us North End fans that most of you don't know who Pearson is... Easily the best CDM in the league. You have got yourself a diamond. Gutted, a huge loss for us. Wish him well. Always gave 100. Propper old school player. #pnefc

Does it pave the way now for Gosling to leave for Nottingham Forest?
According to the Gosling thread Gozzer wants to stay.
A bit surprised by that really. I can't see him getting much game time now. Maybe Forest's wages were too low and he preferred to keep ours for a little longer ( call me a skeptic ;) ).

from PNE fans:

Ben Pearson. Best midfielder, arguably player, I’ve seen at North End for some time. Incredible passer, tremendous workrate, so good defensively but above all else, a massive shithouse. Bournemouth, please, please, look after him for us. #AFCB
@PNEFansForum

Just so you #AFCB fans know, its baffling to us North End fans that most of you don't know who Pearson is... Easily the best CDM in the league. You have got yourself a diamond. Gutted, a huge loss for us. Wish him well. Always gave 100. Propper old school player. #pnefc
Wow. Glowing references. Another sign of our failed failed transfer policy ? ;)

Love it.

View attachment 4960

I especially enjoy the way it gets under the skin of these complete also-ran clubs when AFCB sign a player from them.

The vast majority of us know who we are, know where we come from and know where, in all likelihood, we'll end up eventually. We'll still be here though. Supporting a L1 also-ran club.

Meanwhile they can continue to live their delusions of grandeur. Winning stuff before WWII doesn't mean you get to act all Charlie Big Potatoes not far off a century later without looking ridiculous.

Considering how often we’ve played them in the lower leagues over the years ....

One of my best pals at work is PNE and I’m glad to say his attitude is the total opposite of this knob .
UTCIAD.

;