Ben Pearson

A few lines from a Preston friend.

Gutted he's going to be honest.
Been out the team this season for various reasons, but with a "want away" attitude, it was best not to pick him.

If Ben Davies goes as well, doubly unhappy.

I remember when Burnley nicked your midfield and stole the heart from your team.

The same is happening here.

Not a bad showreel that... but most footballers should be able to get a 3 minute video of their highlights and make themselves look fantastic...

Looking forward to seeing him play and a photo of him meeting Steve Cook, his new Capt for the first time :)
Too true, I remember watching Rantie's showreel and thinking "What the bloody hell have we got here !".

A year later, I was saying the same thing, albeit with a different intonation.

Sorry if I have missed this, but do we know if this is a transfer happening now, or a pre-contract agreement for the summer?

Looks like a good player on youtube, like Arter. Good to sign a player from a small club for a modest fee who will benefit the team, the Graeme Jones sale should cover it.

I love Jeff but like most of us, I don't really know why and increasingly he just seems a luxury at this level. Pearson apparently has the nous and resilience to protect our back 4 whilst giving Wilshere and Cook (either one I don't care) license to get forward.
I was thinking this earlier today. Jeff's wages can't be sustainable in the Championship. I think he will end up going.

We need somebody to compete with LCook for the CDM role...I don’t want to hear any of this “give cookie license to go forward” balderdash ;)

Has never been an advanced midfielder and never will be. Best traits are his tackling and passing from deep- not nabbing goals and assists. Has literally been in the form of his Cherries life sitting in front of the back 4. It’s not broke and doesn’t need fixing!

The way I see it we would have a good mix of options in the middle now:

CDM: L. Cook, Pearson, Kilkenny (seems to be playing the Cook role in the cup)

Box to Box: Lerma, Billing, Gosling

Advanced: Wilshere, Brooks

We have on paper arguably the best 11 in the league, but we lack squad depth. These signings have given us loads of options now. Really no excuse not to be challenging for the title IMHO.
Mostly agree but how can we lack squad depth if that's the midfield compliment?

I suspect one or two might move out, but given how many we select per game can't agree we lack depth.

Prefer a tighter knit group rather than disharmony of too many.

Mostly agree but how can we lack squad depth if that's the midfield compliment?

I suspect one or two might move out, but given how many we select per game can't agree we lack depth.

Prefer a tighter knit group rather than disharmony of too many.

I meant before signing all these midfielders haha. Obviously we have an embarrassment of riches in the middle now.

There have been plenty of times already were we have lined up with three CMs; before signing Wilshere and Pearson that left us with: Cook, Lerma, Billing, Gosling. Lerma is likely to miss games due to suspension, Cook has had injury problems in the past, I love Gosling but he is IMHO completely past it. And then there’s Billing, who I rate but many don’t. So if we’re looking to play 3 and one of them gets injured, that left us with 3 to choose from...unless you want to count throwing in Kilkenny as a wildcard youth option

It’s not good depth at all imo even if we stick to 2 midfielders; we are very reliant on Cook staying fit, as the others are too inconsistent in terms of performance and availability. With Wilshere and Pearson we now have much better squad depth, more varied styles of player and a player in Pearson specifically who can provide some competition to Cook.

With Simpson and Oforboh gone I expect Kilkenny to go out loan now which will leave with 6 CM's. Some will probably get injured, Lerma could be getting a ban still so at least we're covered now. It's still alot of CM's but 2 are out of contract in Summer and some are capable of playing in other positions if necessary.

Fantastic signing.....I think it's been a bit of a Josh King/Simpson situation....out of contract in the Summer and he made it clear that he wanted to move on so their manager had to look at other options...........BTW who was the last player we've singed with a beard?

George Best?

Fantastic signing.....I think it's been a bit of a Josh King/Simpson situation....out of contract in the Summer and he made it clear that he wanted to move on so their manager had to look at other options...........BTW who was the last player we've singed with a beard?

CCV? Even Billing is currently sporting a pretty decent growth...

;