Ben Pearson

I don't see how he can drop anyone from tonight - I'd start with the same team

I don't see how he can drop anyone from tonight - I'd start with the same team

Smith for Stacey and keep the same so agree. The problem is we have no idea if Woody was rotating for Saturday or what the plan is on or off the field.

Thats the most complete performance we've seen this season, it just looked totally balanced with Phil Bill shoved up the pitch @ 10, Pearson and Lerma dominating behind, Brooks and stan doing their stuff.

Smith for Stacey and keep the same so agree. The problem is we have no idea if Woody was rotating for Saturday or what the plan is on or off the field.

Thats the most complete performance we've seen this season, it just looked totally balanced with Phil Bill shoved up the pitch @ 10, Pearson and Lerma dominating behind, Brooks and stan doing their stuff.
It did look great, but we need to allow for a very disjointed Burnley team who made a lot of changes tonight.

Begs the question, why has he not been picked up by a bigger club......on BT last night they were saying when he was at United as a youngster he won young player of the year........went on to say ,wheres this lad been the last 6 years !

Yes, not sure we should/could drop Wilshere and Danjuma after Saturday.
Stats don't tell everything but they can help.(a few selective ones courtesy of Footballcritic)

Saturday - Wilshere 95% passing accuracy, 1 shot 1 on target 1 goal, possession lost 7 times, player rating 7.9 (only Danjuma was higher)

Tuesday - Billing 67% passing accuracy, 2 shots 0 shots on target, possession lost 23 times (highest of every player incl Burnley keeper who more often cleared downfield to us), player rating 6.6

Tuesday - Pearson 87% passing accuracy, no shots, possession lost 7 times, player rating 6.9.

Moments not stats win matches, but in the long run the stats can't be ignored.

Wilshere and Danjuma have to come back in, and difficult to leave out Stan. Tough decisions to make but the good news is that what ever combination he chooses can be good enough based on the renewed confidence, so long as we stick to what looks like a right shape.

;