Benfica Friendly Sunday

I’m obviously clueless.
I thought he put a couple of great forward through balls in the first half.
Sort of thing Neil would have spotted.
By the way, still watching the Portuguese dissecting the game on their channel.

You will find out when normality returns. 8500 tops for a home game, and thank the Lord some of the liggers will be gone.
I been saying that for ages, so are you saying your a real fan for saying that or the real fans will be the ones in the ground?[/QUOTE]
For ages? OK. Right.

I been saying that for ages, so are you saying your a real fan for saying that or the real fans will be the ones in the ground?
For ages? OK. Right.[/QUOTE]
I been saying it since we were in promotion run in, but my predicted gates when we settled in a league was less then 8500

Tidy enough the bits I saw against strong opposition. Never mind the fact it was Benfica if anyone draws any meaning from any friendly for the year ahead good or bad it must be their first season watching us.

I think the first time I saw Ted was against Morton or some other jock team down here in a pre season friendly. My mates and myself concluded he was Useless. Lol

I been saying that for ages, so are you saying your a real fan for saying that or the real fans will be the ones in the ground?
For ages? OK. Right.[/QUOTE]
Because real local fans are few and far between.
On the contrary there are plenty of real local fans and they are easily identified because they speak with the native Wessex burr. Once again can I ask the origin of that alien accent?

Last edited:
Are you for real? We narrowly lost a friendly away at a Champions league team. Both their goals were 25 yard screamers. I don’t know what you were expecting but we did alright.
Plus benfica already played a few friendlies whereas this was our first.

I didn't watch the game...I don't know the result... Don't want to know it.
I was against the players going out of Britain and returning during Covid.

What I do know is that nothing around the team is going to settle down until 3 or 4 games past Blackburn .
The transfer window goes on into October with 'our potential outgoing if anyone wants them ' Bournemouth 'stars' and their agents f√cking the club around. They might not fetch the big bucks we 'think' they are worth.
They might have to stay ! Then what ...more Fraser type scenarios ?
The big 'Cup' extravaganza with Western Ham will tell us virtually nothing because of the unsettled nature of everything !

Last edited:

What I do know is that nothing around the team is going to settle down until 3 or 4 games past Blackburn .
The transfer window goes on into October with 'our potential outgoing if anyone wants them ' Bournemouth 'stars' and their agents f√cking the club around. They might not fetch the big bucks we 'think' they are worth.
The might have to stay ! Then what ...more Fraser type scenarios ?
The big 'Cup' extravaganza with Western Ham will tell us virtually nothing because of the unsettled nature of everything !

It was 2-1 to Benfica, Brian ;

Reactions: sdr

Probably stumbled upon the wrong forum and thread again then.

Can you repeat that please pugwash.
We won 9-3. Ted got nine.

Out of interest does anyone know what's happened to Mepham?

Is he injured?
Did he travel to Benfica?
Has someone put in a bid for him?

We looked alright. Benfica would have been a very stern challenge even during our pomp 3-4 seasons ago. I don't think we'll have a clear picture of what the new coaching team's philosophy is going to be until late September, but that wasn't a bad first game back by any stretch. All I want to see is the players giving a toss under Tindall and so far that looks to be the case.

It's hard to read anything into friendlies, especially now. Last season we utterly spanked a team that reached the Champion's League semi-finals and I was stupidly convinced we'd finish top ten and look what happened!

;