Benik

Def_II_Royalz

Star Player
He's a bit of an enigma, isn't he?

Based on today I wouldn't leave him out of the side but his composure in front of goal is, erm, a tad underwhelming.

Everything else he does has improved quite a lot. I feel like his support work is starting to make an impact, he makes great runs, and his anticipation is sharper. His fitness and effort seems to have gone up a level as well.

If only he could just put a few more away, our front line would be deadly.

Everyone will hit a bad penalty once in while, but it was his two missed headers which were really disappointing today. But at least they didn't prove costly in the end.

Looked very lively running off the ball today. He is still a bit raw and lacking confidence - plenty of positives and with the right coaching will be a star for us

Worked hard and for an hour was a nuisance for west ham. But finishing very poor. Should have had a couple today, what with the pen and the headers, and the powderpuff shot late on.

Could potentially be a very good player.

Confidence thing with strikers.

Look at Vardy......... Shiite this season, last season they were flying in.

I think he will be a solid player for us next season.

horndean_exile - 11/3/2017 20:06

A very poor investment considering how much we paid for him. I admire Eddie's patience!

I bet his market value is higher than the £9million we paid for him. Scored some goals in the PL now.

Southampton have some quality players, but the 15 million they spent wisely on an Italian international will ensure they don't get dragged into the relegation zone.

We will stay up this season but we need to invest in some proven players.

Potential can relegate you.

I think Benik earned his fee last season, the impetus and goals he gave us initially was such a boost towards staying up. But he's lost his way in front of goal recently. 6 month loan to the championship to start next season perhaps to bang a few in?

He can hit a ball, scored some good goals at Wolves.

All strikers need confidence and to build that you need to play regularly.

dragonm8 - 11/3/2017 20:17

Southampton have some quality players, but the 15 million they spent wisely on an Italian international will ensure they don't get dragged into the relegation zone.

Not to pick on you specifically but this classic Premier League forum tosh.

"Club X paid Y for Z and he's doing really well so why can't we!?!?"

Ignoring Club x also paid loads of a bunch of other players who didn't even make a full season and no doubt their forums contain posts with that exact phrase about another club.

Kudos - 11/3/2017 20:54

Not to pick on you specifically but this classic Premier League forum tosh.

"Club X paid Y for Z and he's doing really well so why can't we!?!?"

Ignoring Club x also paid loads of a bunch of other players who didn't even make a full season and no doubt their forums contain posts with that exact phrase about another club.

Understand what you are saying, but Southampton were right in the poo at the time, and signed a goal scorer who has led them to safety.

Hindsight?

Perhaps.

But an excellent piece of business.

It was obvious to most in the East Stand that he was knackered well before West Ham's second, so why didn't Eddie bring on Wilshere earlier?

He looked a bit undone after he went down for the injury.

Maybe 70 min mark?

Who knows, but the stars aligned tonight.

Was happy to lose my 2-2 bet

I think Saints have a higher wage cap than us.

I suppose 9 mil isn't a lot for the premier league these days. So I suppose I shouldn't expect him to score goals for this measly sum.

Strikes me as a real confidence player. Not sure we did him any favours last season when we asked him to faff around in the no.10 role.

.....on the flip side we signed King for one million!....but agree Afobe not quite there yet...

;