Big Loss For Norwich City - Transfers

Brentford weren't much better than we were and we would have got smashed every week if we'd have gone up. Not sure what it is about brentford that has impressed people so much. An average team.

I thought they were good 3/4 times we played them. But “good” is relative, they looked like a good Championship team who might go up. They’ll either struggle or be a surprise a la Sheff Utd imo. Certainly not overly impressive in the way that we or others in the past have been. The way they’re run is very impressive though. I can’t think of a team that has earned or prepared for top flight promotion from relative obscurity more than them tbh.

I agree with both of you as I think they will do a Huddersfield and suffer second season syndrome, stay up comfortably first season and then get easily relegated the next once the buzz has worn off and their style gets found out and confidence evaporates.

My Auntie had balls

but then again she lived in a very big house, in the summer she had garden parties : )

Was she friends with Bon Scott?

Big Balls - YouTube

An Excerpt -

"Some balls are held for charity, and some for fancy dress, but when they're held for pleasure they're the balls that I like best.... It's my belief that my big balls should be held every night".

His delivery makes me think that it was a spark for a Fast Show character.

Delia loves making money.
A good profit again next season.

I would express it another way.

At the beginning of the century, Norwich were deep in debt. Delia Smith and her husband, personally, were liable for £26 million which was somewhat more than their combined wealth. Quite reasonably, they decided to trade out of the situation and make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Norwich are a well-run football club and, ask around in Norwich, or look at the site that most City fans use, and you will see support for the way that the club is run.

As for Buendia, most supporters expected him to go and his leaving produced very few posts at all. Here are a couple of typical comments:

"Who gives a toss? He would have left 12 months ago if he could and that's not a criticism, he didn't leave, and he's been great for us this season. But no need for any sentimentality on either side."

and

"It’s decent business for a player who wanted to leave. I’m not sure Smith is the manager to get the best out of him either. Regardless, I’ve seen so many ‘irreplaceable’ players leave over the years and none of them have been."

The main criticism of the move in Norwich is that Buendia is "only" going to Villa and not a top six club. Norwich supporters equate with Villa in terms of league position, see it as a sideways move and ask, 'why?'

Last edited:
Then there were amongst other comments not happy with it.

Just speechless. We’ve sent out a message that we’re waving the white flag before a ball is kicked. Our record without Buendia has been abysmal and now Pukki has lost his main chance creator.

Once Webber went public with that ridiculous 'come and get them for £30M' statement it was only ever a matter of time. Every player has his price of course (even Bale and Ronaldo for example) but you just get the impression that we made no real effort to keep him as '£30M' is short change for so called 'big clubs'. The real test now is how (or IF) we spend some / most / all of that money on new players and what the new team looks like on August 14th. The worrying possibility is that (as last season) Webber trots out the tired old line that ..............'we haven't actually got all the money as it comes in across a few seasons so we can't go out and spend it'!

I am definitely in shock, this is just so under-priced its criminal - and Villa! Jeez give me a break, I don't care what they have offered him, there has to be more to life than money, what a s'hole club and place!

I agree with both of you as I think they will do a Huddersfield and suffer second season syndrome, stay up comfortably first season and then get easily relegated the next once the buzz has worn off and their style gets found out and confidence evaporates.
With their high back line they will get destroyed.
Need to change their tactics.

They could get Nathan redmond for less than that
Crazy isn't it......i mean if you ignore the lack of goals .....assists or passes Redmond would be a bargain for a team who's fans appreciate all that close control in tight situations near the corner flag.

;