big pole staying in our goal

I think it's good news. He showed fantastic quality in the season after a shaky period. More like that next season and we'll do well.

:thumsd:

He and Hart must be the only 2 keepers in the Euros who don't command their areas from crosses

No problem with him staying - on his day he is great. I just hope he has the same motivation once the Euros are over.

Just wish we had shown a bit of forward planning for the keeping position this summer. I guess that will have to wait now.

I think we have given all our keepers new deals now,it's a strange one as I think that's an area that needs strengthening.
I wouldn't rule out another one coming in though if one becomes available,I still think Allsop will go out on loan....

Really pleased, he's a wonderful shot stopper and has made some great saves over the last couple of seasons and personally think he is a level above Federici.

I am hoping that are supporters will back our player rather than slating them during the game. Pissed me off no end last season just think how would you like it if someone was doing it to your kid.

tednphil - 16/6/2016 18:59

:thumsd:

He and Hart must be the only 2 keepers in the Euros who don't command their areas from crosses

That only 'keepers of teams you follow have this problem, probably says much more about your perspective than about the talents of the players in question.

Well we will see how the number one Polish keeper and the German keeper deal with crosses in tonight's matches.

Hmm, well I hope we have some stuff competition to keep him at his best this season coming. A good Boruc is excellent, a dopey Boruc is a liability.

tednphil - 16/6/2016 19:43

Well we will see how the number one Polish keeper and the German keeper deal with crosses in tonight's matches.

Is comparing Bournemouth's number one 'keeper with someone who has won the champions league with Bayern Munich and won the World Cup with Germany a fair one?

DJ - 16/6/2016 20:00

tednphil - 16/6/2016 19:43

Is comparing Bournemouth's number one 'keeper with someone who has won the champions league with Bayern Munich and won the World Cup with Germany a fair one?

Point taken, but even the N Irish keeper looked very competent when dealing with crosses and centres.

ohec:

"Boruc’s decision to extend his stay at Vitality Stadium is likely to complete Howe’s team of goalkeepers for the forthcoming campaign despite rumours linking Cherries with a host of possible new signings."

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/14562536.AFC_Bournemouth__Boruc_signs_new_contract_with_Cherries/?ref=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Delighted he has signed but, as others have stated, wanted a new no 2 to put pressure on him. Don't think Feds is that person.

Some people obviously never saw Boruc playing vs Germany in World Cup in Germany, he was the best player on the field hands down .
As far as other keepers , Drongowski is having practice sessions with Fiorentina the same club Boruc played for.
It looks like Boruc and Federici for now .

One game, two years ago means nothing - it's what he does in an AFCB shirt this forthcoming season that matters.

We all know the score with Artur - excellent shot stopper, terrible distribution.

If he would only work on his passing and kicking out he'd be fabulous.

AFCB Lost in Brum - 17/6/2016 02:43

One game, two years ago means nothing - it's what he does in an AFCB shirt this forthcoming season that matters.

We all know the score with Artur - excellent shot stopper, terrible distribution.

If he would only work on his passing and kicking out he'd be fabulous.

... and not gift a goal to Watford.

;