big pole staying in our goal

tednphil - 16/6/2016 15:09

DJ - 16/6/2016 20:00

tednphil - 16/6/2016 19:43

Well we will see how the number one Polish keeper and the German keeper deal with crosses in tonight's matches.

Is comparing Bournemouth's number one 'keeper with someone who has won the champions league with Bayern Munich and won the World Cup with Germany a fair one?

Point taken, but even the N Irish keeper looked very competent when dealing with crosses and centres.
How many games did you see Boruc vs the NI keeper you don't even know the name of...yes you can google it to "prove" me wrong.

ErikthViking - 17/6/2016 03:01

... and not gift a goal to Watford.

He wasn't the only player all season to play a poor pass, or to have two out of sorts games.

He won us far more points than he cost us.

Yes he makes errors but so does Joe Hart who is englands number 1. Boruc is worth far more points than those he might cost with a error.

I'm happy with Boruc staying but I do hope he and the coaching staff work hard on his distribution because, as others have said, it's a weak part of his game.

Sort this out and he's good for another season, leaving us to concentrate on improving more important areas of the team/squad

If our players learnt to stand where he was kicking or throwing the ball too, there would be no problem. Just like there wouldn't have been a problem during the rest of his career. : )

I'm not to upset if Eddie thinks they're the best keepers we can get.

table - 17/6/2016 14:05
If our players learnt to stand where he was kicking or throwing the ball too, there would be no problem...

I'm not giving up my seat in Row Z just so one of our players can receive a Boruc 'pass'!

:hihi:

dragonm8 - 17/6/2016 08:04
Don't think Federici is as bad as everyone makes out. Given a run of games I think he would equal Boruc.

Certainly Feds is far better with the ball at his feet and the defence look more confident passing back to him.

However I'm undecided how much other parts of his game might improve

I can still see a young keeper coming in as 3rd choice to learn from Boruc with a view to challenging Feds the following season and eventually coming the no. 1

That is not a massive priority but I am glad the immediate keeper situation has been resolved so we can divert attention to the areas we urgently need to improve.

Think Jordan Holmes could be that third choice, has worked hard, clearly has potential as recognised by our own coaches as well as the Australia setup

cockbeard - 17/6/2016 14:46

Think Jordan Holmes could be that third choice, has worked hard, clearly has potential as recognised by our own coaches as well as the Australia setup

You may well be right. I was thinking along the lines of that young Polish keeper learning off Boruc but sounds like he is off elsewhere.

On a similar logic Feds would be an ideal mentor for Holmes.

The Drongovski sounds like a proper prospect and has two years first team experience under his belt, but I think signing Boruc and Feds might preclude him joining, I imagine he might be happy being a number two but not as likely to settle for 3rd choice. Might be nice to sign him and send on loan to Championship/League One to see if he's the real deal or not

Drongowski will never make mistake of Kuszczak, he wants to be undisputed #1.
As far as Federici and Boruc , Eddie please don't play Boruc when Andrzej Fonfara is fighting in US .Learn from last year's Fonfara schedule.
Just give these dates to Federici so Artur can watch his friend fighting. See Fonfara schedule from last season and AFC Bournemouth games results that day.

badkeeper - 18/6/2016 01:34
Drongowski will never make mistake of Kuszczak, he wants to be undisputed #1.
As far as Federici and Boruc , Eddie please don't play Boruc when Andrzej Fonfara is fighting in US .Learn from last year's Fonfara schedule.
Just give these dates to Federici so Artur can watch his friend fighting. See Fonfara schedule from last season and AFC Bournemouth games results that day.

That's a joke, right?

If Boruc is that feeble minded that he can't play when his friend fights then he's in the wrong job

Fonfara vs Cleverly October 16 2015 in USA,few hours later....
Man City 5 AFC 1 October 17 2015
Federici was playing.

Can't believe I've wasted my time looking this up, but the two fights prior to that were followed by Boruc keeping clean sheets.

Guess what ,first question at press conference to Artur on Sunday in France was about Fonfara and fight on Saturday, he watched it ,he talk to him right after from France ,time difference Chicago France about 10 hours.
Drongowski is with Florentine ,to bad because he is not playing well at the moment ,he might get burned,learning from Boruc would be more beneficial and I'm not talking about outside football activities.

;