Birmingham - The verdict

AlGard

UTC Legend
We kicked off 2 mins after Brum, but after that, a thoroughly decent show.
Another great Danjuma finish.
Cook bossing it
Brooks looking like Brooks at last.
Passing and movement 100% better.
Cook's knock is hopefully not too bad. He is playing well of late.
Nice little deflectin for the 2nd.
Bossing it.
A great third goal.
Sloppy to concede, but they bought that free kick.
Defo penalty to us for handball.

A confident performance all round.
Brooks, Lerma, Cook, Danjuma stand out.
We should all be chuffed with that showing.

More clinical in attack and that's 4, 5 or more. Credit the shape and the midfield / creative players especially first half. Game should have been over by the hour mark.

Improved but still much for Tindall to work on.

JT has been criticised a lot recently and although I think some of it is ott he definitely deserves a lot of it.

What's pleasing however is his apparent ability to change things and put them right. Other than against Wednesday (and even arguably in that game too) we have responded well to poor first halves and dominated second halves. Today we dominated the whole game. Possibly our best performance of the season as a reaction to our worst is exactly what we all wanted.

I personally don't think there's no place for three at the back but it should not be played against anyone outside the top teams. He's showed willingness to change and that is arguably the best thing to come out of today.

Not sure if it was the formation or the effort but we just found it a lot easier to get the ball into dangerous areas and create goal scoring opportunities today.
Three good goals, could easily have been a couple more and a clear penalty also not given. We weren't totally convincing defensively but Steve Cook is a big miss so overall I agree, we should be happy.

For those asking for Tindall's head, look, he is not stubborn, he changed things around and got a decent tune out of this talented squad !

My only concern is that previously before the international break our players also gave a 100% performance. Could it be that when there is no nice recovery period in the offing they are reluctant to exhaust themselves and give their all ? Just a theory, no lack of effort today and happy with JT's and the team's performance.
:utc::clap::clap::clap:

Overall a fantastic showing.
We really missed Lewis Cook when he went off. Gosling is not the same type of player, so Lerma ended up dropping deeper which was sad - we miss his attacking threat. Plus Lewis was on fire and absolutely the kind of player we need to properly play out from the back. Lerma is not as good when pressed.
Danjuma also blew hot and cold. 1 or 2 moments of brilliance, but 3 or 4 moments of stupidity (slowing the play down, and then passing to nobody). Can't argue with his goal though.
Solanke maybe MoM for me. So good on the ball. Yes he failed to score again, but so many of those chances he made for himself.

Overall a fantastic showing.
We really missed Lewis Cook when he went off. Gosling is not the same type of player, so Lerma ended up dropping deeper which was sad - we miss his attacking threat. Plus Lewis was on fire and absolutely the kind of player we need to properly play out from the back. Lerma is not as good when pressed.
Danjuma also blew hot and cold. 1 or 2 moments of brilliance, but 3 or 4 moments of stupidity (slowing the play down, and then passing to nobody). Can't argue with his goal though.
Solanke maybe MoM for me. So good on the ball. Yes he failed to score again, but so many of those chances he made for himself.
Agree. A real shame for Lewis who has been in excellent form lately but particularly in this game. Judging by his demeanour after the whistle I think the international break will be long enough for him to be available again. Here's hoping ( sorry TF ;) ).

;