Birmingham v AFCB

In case some of you have forgotten there is yet another game tomorrow!......no point in predicting anything other than a back 3 so i'll go:.........

............................Bego
..............Mepham......Kelly.........Rico
,,,,,,Stacy.......Lerma...........Cook.............Smithy
...........Stan.........Kingy..............Danjuma

I'll be nice to see Rico back in that LCB slot where he's been outstanding tbh.....i get why JT is trying to accommodate Kelly but he looks much better as part of a back 4......a central role in a 3 might suit him better than the left side.....plus Rico is just a very average Wing back.

I want us to go back to a back 4, can’t even muster up the energy to predict a likely back 3 lineup cos I’d have no faith in the system :grinning:

Danjuma, king and Smith have made valiant claims to be dropped. At LCB Rico is our best player period imo. Zemura is a quick, attacking LB/LW- why not? RoRo looks a potential bright spark.

I just want to see the lineup and think “I can see where he’s coming from there”.

I want us to go back to a back 4, can’t even muster up the energy to predict a likely back 3 lineup cos I’d have no faith in the system :grinning:

Danjuma, king and Smith have made valiant claims to be dropped. At LCB Rico is our best player period imo. Zemura is a quick, attacking LB/LW- why not? RoRo looks a potential bright spark.

I just want to see the lineup and think “I can see where he’s coming from there”.
Not sure RoRo is ready for a start yet, but I agree about the back 4.
Here's what I'd LIKE to see (no chance though): [given Cookie is out]

...................Begovic...............
Stacey....Simpson...Rico....Zemura
..........L Cook ............Lerma
..................Kilkenny................
.....Stan.....Surridge....Solanke

I feel like all the "regulars" have had multiple chances, and several have stunk it up too many times. So I'd be ready to throw Kilkenny and J-Z in the mix and see how they do.

Gosh! Are we all feeling so jaded already? Friday night before a league match and only six replies to the thread topic!!!

For me, I would like to see the following:

Please stop messing around with the ball at the back. The suicidal passes between Begovic, Mepham and Kelly are an accident waiting to happen. On top of that, it cedes the initiative to the opposition as the game play is inevitably in and around our penalty area. They grow in confidence playing in our half, and we look crap not mixing up play even occasionally. They stifle us and we don’t usually respond until the second half.

Instead of that, why not play with a high press right from the off putting the opposition under pressure like we did against Coventry. Let them make the mistakes and lose possession in dangerous areas.

Don’t slow everything down in the final third. Play with “pace in attack”. If you get a decent look at goal - try shooting. Please don’t pass the ball back and forth with no penetration. Cross the ball into the danger areas or cut it back for Jeff to slam it home.

Play with passion, and to win. Prove the (ever growing group of) doubters wrong. Play with energy, urgency, belief and passion and the fans won’t care what the result is (much!!!).

They will be up for it after the 1-8 defeat.

Could be another kick up the ass unless the manager instills belief and plays the right team.

Smith dropped
Danjuma dropped
King dropped
Billing dropped

Brooks to start with Solanke and Sturridge to start.

See how we fair from there.

They will be up for it after the 1-8 defeat.

Could be another kick up the ass unless the manager instills belief and plays the right team.

Smith dropped
Danjuma dropped
King dropped
Billing dropped

Brooks to start with Solanke and Sturridge to start.

See how we fair from there.
Billing wasn't even in the squad on Tuesday, so already dropped.
Think Lewis cook and solanke have to start, with Jeff.

;