Blast from The Past

It snowed heavily on the way there. First on Salisbury Plain and then as we took a jaunt through the Welsh Valleys. I have since thought that both detours were ruses to make sure that we didn't arrive too early and it would all kick off.

I wonder what Ted would be worth in the transfer market these day's.
View attachment 1279

Not as much as you might believe. Ted was a typical lower division goal poacher who knew where to be at the right time. He could not run, had no pace or make any diagonal runs or providse any assists. He would certainly not last in todays Premier League. This is why his stay in top flight was limited with ManUtd and West Ham as there respective managers expecterd him to do what he was incapable of doing. He even admits this in his recent book.
I remember seering him play many times as a young boy and he will always be a legend and will forever be in AFCB's folklore.

Not as much as you might believe. Ted was a typical lower division goal poacher who knew where to be at the right time. He could not run, had no pace or make any diagonal runs or providse any assists. He would certainly not last in todays Premier League. This is why his stay in top flight was limited with ManUtd and West Ham as there respective managers expecterd him to do what he was incapable of doing. He even admits this in his recent book.
I remember seering him play many times as a young boy and he will always be a legend and will forever be in AFCB's folklore.

Running down Ted Mac is as low and bad as it gets from a Boscombe fan(?). Anything you can say now is Pussy....you've bottomed out!
Ted had a stand named after him here....scored plenty of goals in the top division, sadly for Norwich.- top div 1 scorer in 76! 23 goals.

Running down Ted Mac is as low and bad as it gets from a Boscombe fan(?). Anything you can say now is Pussy....you've bottomed out!
Ted had a stand named after him here....scored plenty of goals in the top division, sadly for Norwich.- top div 1 scorer in 76! 23 goals.

I do not recall running Ted down at all. If you care to read his book he admits what his shortfalls were and I have highlighted them above. I have stated that he is a legend and will forever be in AFCB folklore. So where have I ran him down - you troublemaking ignoramous.

Certainly Ted didn't ever get as far as T for Track Back in the coaching manual.

Knew where the goal was and stayed as near to it as was possible.

The ultimate goal hanger; I remember not one 30 yard screamer.

I do not recall running Ted down at all. If you care to read his book he admits what his shortfalls were and I have highlighted them above. I have stated that he is a legend and will forever be in AFCB folklore. So where have I ran him down - you troublemaking ignoramous.
You said he would not last in the PL. ..you cannot ever know that..so your the ignoramus..got you wound up at last ..your on the run now! Ha Ha!

The Army, RAF and Navy...equal Status. Push me into a corner I'd give to the RAF...but when it comes to Sense of Humour its Navy 1st , Army 2nd and RAF non league...Mr SmHinto!

The Army, RAF and Navy...equal Status. Push me into a corner I'd give to the RAF...but when it comes to Sense of Humour its Navy 1st , Army 2nd and RAF non league...Mr SmHinto!

I would suggest that you enroll on the Echo forum where there are dozens of posters like you who are solely intent on causing trouble for no apparent and justifiable reason.

I would suggest that you enroll on the Echo forum where there are dozens of posters like you who are solely intent on causing trouble for no apparent and justifiable reason.
if you like Trouble Minty I'm the Boy for you me old sunshine!I
I spend much of my time being nice to people less fortunate than me but oh Christ I like a bit of Naughty now and again!

;