Bob Willis RIP

Jeez that’s the same age as me ! Always remember that look in the 1981 Ashes. I’ve never seen anyone as focussed. RIP.

Very sad. I was too young to remember Headingly ‘81 but that was some bowling performance. Even my Mum remembers it! Loved his dry humour on Sky too

Bothams Ashes, but Bobs 8-43 was one of the greatest stints ever.

Indeed it was.
I was playing myself that day in Portsmouth. We had TMS on in the dressing room.
When I went out to bat Australia were 50 ish for 1. when I was out they were 7 down, maybe only 40 minutes or so later.
Unbelievable test match.

Remember the Warwickshire cricket team coming into the pub where I worked after playing a sunday match at Dean Park. A nice guy - he (and several others) were completely plastered by the time they left

RIP Bob
I think I was at that game punkrockcherry! I met him in the pavilion just after the game and he was pretty hammered even then...he could only just sign my autograph book. Legendary player...RIP.

Remember the Warwickshire cricket team coming into the pub where I worked after playing a sunday match at Dean Park. A nice guy - he (and several others) were completely plastered by the time they left

RIP Bob
Those were the days. Top cricket in Bournemouth the chance to see all of crickets big names. Great days.

Very sad news, one of the great fast bowlers. Never afraid to speak his mind on test match analysis.
His bowling performance in the "Botham" test will never be forgotten

;