Boro - The verdict.

Others on here moaning about us playing out from the back. Which one was it?
We try to play out from the back, but the defenders receiving the ball eventually realise that we are being outnumbered in midfield and that it would be suicidal to persist, so we end up aimlessly punting the ball down the channels.

Huge step down from Palace and even Blackburn that. Really ugly watch. Not one of our centre midfielders has looked even close to competent in the league so far.

Players
- Begovic had a good first half but then it all went tits up.
- Stacey ok but stupid booking, not as attacking.
- Centre backs were all meh, Kelly disappointing.
- Smith below par, not a LWB. Asleep for the goal.
- Lerma has been shite since lockdown.
- Gosling equally as bad, disappointing.
- Danjuma and Brooks quiet.
- Solanke seems to only score goals when there’s not a chance- unforgivable miss.

Manager:
- Seriously questioning the effectiveness of 3 at the back. Keep playing it out to the two incompetent midfielders or lumping it out of play. 59% pass accuracy: shocking.
- Very strange subs, Billing is not someone that comes on and plays well generally, he’s far too lax. Taking off Danjuma, who can score out of nothing, strange. Swapped to 4 at the back far too late. Eh.
- There’s always been a difference between “playing the channels” and “lumping it”. We were mainly doing the latter. Very disappointing quality of football considering the *cough* supposed quality of the squad.

Overall:
- We looked infinitely better vs Palace with a mixture of youths and a more solid midfield. I was impressed with Tindall after that game but this was such a disappointing watch.
- Rico or Zemura has to come in for Smith, Travers should probably come in for Begovic imo. Billing should start games or not play at all, poor attitude off the bench.
- Crying our for more strikers and wingers.

This 3 at the back does not work for me.
Leaves us constantly outnumbered in midfield, and when the midfield do get it, there’s no composure or control what so ever. Brooks also looks better in the middle rather than the wing.

Need a a player like I dunno, Surman, to just calm things down at times.

Billing is going to be a waste of space this season.

The squad is looking worryingly thin. We’re 1 constantly 1 injury away from square pegs in round holes again. We have 2 fit wingers, and 2 fit strikers currently.

Least we got a point and I thought that Saville for Boro was excellent

Overall collective poor display but we came back with a point.

How Willo can defend Begovic on Solent is beyond belief.

Very very physical game. Foul after foul, booking after booking. Begovic very unconvincing, can’t catch the ball. Billing ran around like a three legged donkey when he came on, Could have done with Lewis Cook on at some stage, apart from that not a lot to praise or moan about.

would like to see Rico start next league game on the left.

Just go back and see how many crosses he took cleanly. Also made a strong header from a corner look easy. Not brilliant but he did alright.

Just go back and see how many crosses he took cleanly. Also made a strong header from a corner look easy. Not brilliant but he did alright.

But spilled several easy catches which is too much of a risk - that’s the main concern. The bits you are referring to is standard goalkeeping

Overall collective poor display but we came back with a point.

How Willo can defend Begovic on Solent is beyond belief.

Willo said before the game he would have made the same choice so he’s probably defending that stance.

Kris Temple didn’t share his view.

2 games into the Championship season. We beat one of the promotion outsiders at home, and take a point from a Warnock side at the other end of the country. We are in transition from an Eddie side to JT's version and have had good moments and bad in both games. It will do for me, let's wait and see where we are after 10 games.

Hoofing from from the back . Mepham takes too long on the ball and Steve cook , Jesus his passing range is touchline or touchline .
Adam smith at left back no way .
now to central midfield. The lack of quality is alarming and I mean totally . Best midfielder at our club is still Harry arter . I think Lerma battles but that’s his game and that’s it .
Up top solanke no pace to go behind and he done ok but his first touch.
We relied on danajuma and brooks .
Weirdly though when we did knock it around we seemed to open them up with ease ..

We were poor, sloppy in possession all over the pitch. Having said that we never do well against a Warnock team away so getting a point isn't too bad. I wouldn't rush to judgement about our chances this season based on that. I remember coming away from Cardiff a couple of years feeling like we'd lost 2-0 to a League One side in the cup. Deservedly.

As Bitzer says we've got Norwich, QPR, Watford, Bristol City, Derby all coming up before the end of October - those games will tell us more. For now, four points and third place will do.

;