Boro - The verdict.

AlGard

UTC Legend
Good to hear spectators.
Sweary ones at that.
Played too much long stuff when we had the pace to run at them.
Credit to Dom who did run at them.
Silly bookings, especially Stacey.
Lack of concentration for their goal.
Bego did OK, apart from the free kick fumble for their offside goal.
Boro players went down quicker than a Pompey prostitute on navy pay day.
Draw a fair result in a poor quality game.
Lerma, Gosling anon.
Unbeaten.
The invincibles..Ha Ha!

Very very physical game. Foul after foul, booking after booking. Begovic very unconvincing, can’t catch the ball. Billing ran around like a three legged donkey when he came on, Could have done with Lewis Cook on at some stage, apart from that not a lot to praise or moan about.

would like to see Rico start next league game on the left.

Boro went down so easily. Surely the ref could see it.

The solanke miss to make it 2-0 made me think we might regret it. Should have kept attacking.

again smith switched off for their goal. Stacey and Rico for me

Solanke should have scored when through with the keeper. Decent point but could have been 3, especially after the 2 saves by their keeper in quick succession 10 mins or so before the end

Yep, agree with all that. The freekick Bego spilled was more difficult than it first looked - still should've done better though.

It was like playing a team composed entirely of Smith. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but playing an entire team that goes over at the slightest whisper of a breeze is infuriating.

Nigerian scammers, look up this ref's contact info, he'll be an easy score.

I personally thought that we were very poor, for the quality we had out on the pitch we were nowhere near good enough. I don’t understand the three at the back, opening two games we have looked the inferior side simply due to being outnumbered in midfield. Similar problem to last season, it’s virtually impossible to play out successfully when you are being outnumbered in the middle of the park. I think we did at least look more balanced with Rico on the left, I like Smithy but he offers nothing as a lwb. I also thought Surridge looked promising when he came on, made himself a nuisance to deal with, put himself about. We have the potential to be very good with the players at our disposal but we if we are going to play out from the back then we need to find a way to control the game and retain possession better.

Billing and Begovic need a kick up the ****************. Nearly cost us today. Very average display. Solanke should have put one of those chances away, need to be more clinical.

Two signings urgently needed, at least, to freshen things up. Not expecting any though. Hopefully King could start next Sunday.

A pretty painful watch and it would’ve been a travesty if we’d won. So many times we weren’t switched on (including their goal) it was laughable. Struggling to think of a strong performer. Begovic looked suspiciously assured until the save from Assombalonga and then seemed to transform into a butter fingered clown. Billing is an absolute liability. He gets so many opportunities because of his height but his height is of no benefit given the lackadaisical way in which he plays. Solanke should’ve buried that chance in the second half.

I thought last week’s referee was excellent and hoped it was a sign that Championship refs let more go. But today’s was the opposite and made an already poor game much worse.

Very disappointing and so much to work on. Don’t even get me started on the stream.

20 fouls against, only 12 Boro fouls.
Only 3 bookings
One of the worst games i have watched.
Its going to be a long hard season if that's what we have to look forward to.

;