BOTN Interview Series

hba1

Fans' Favourite
Danny Hollands was on last night and he was excellent. Came across extremely well. A hero from our points deduction era and whilst watching I thought there was genuine love for the players of that era, mistakes and all, unlike some of the All Stars from the Premier League era.

Well worth a watch.

Danny Hollands was on last night and he was excellent. Came across extremely well. A hero from our points deduction era and whilst watching I thought there was genuine love for the players of that era, mistakes and all, unlike some of the All Stars from the Premier League era.

Well worth a watch.

totally agree with everything you say - what a well rounded, decent chap he seems (altho my partner thought he looked like a yobbo!). I loved that era, and especially that midfield - hollands, robinson, bartley etc - great days

:utc:

He was great to talk to on and off air. I prefer the interviews with the players who were around in the crap times as they are more honest and it’s great to hear their perspective. We could sense from the stand it wasn’t great playing for Quinn despite all the ‘ great team spirit’ nonsense that PR teams keep trotting out.

A good lesson as well to take anything that comes out of a losing teams PR dept with a large pinch of salt.

A good lesson as well to take anything that comes out of a losing teams PR dept with a large pinch of salt.

do you actually think we're sophisticated enough to have a PR department [other than some snotty uni grad with a laptop and a thesaurus]?

what are the players of losing teams supposed to say?

He was great to talk to on and off air. I prefer the interviews with the players who were around in the crap times as they are more honest and it’s great to hear their perspective. We could sense from the stand it wasn’t great playing for Quinn despite all the ‘ great team spirit’ nonsense that PR teams keep trotting out.

Agree Neil .
It was a great interview, Danny was one of my favourite players from that time and I always thought he was Lampard-Esque in how he played .

do you actually think we're sophisticated enough to have a PR department [other than some snotty uni grad with a laptop and a thesaurus]?

what are the players of losing teams supposed to say?
They are supposed to say what they say. It’s us that should take it with a pinch of salt

;