Braga

Why would you have someone who can't speak English as captain?
Portuguese and Spanish are quite similar, gives Jefferson a bit of responsibility.
Before anyone comments, I said quite similar, I know Portuguese can sound Eastern European at times, that’s just In the accent.

I'm completely fine with us not spending money, the 2 free signings and accepting we're going straight back down in favour of the bigger picture of the training ground and eventual Stadium and even happy to become a yoyo club like Norwich if we play it right.

But we could do with a loan or 2, one CB and one versatile forward who can play wide, top or even behind.
We didn't exactly set the world alight in the Championship and stumbled over the line in the end and gave Forest a sniff when they were miles behind playing some conservative football. We won a few key big games that counted in the end but I'm a bit concerned that we're going to go to Man City away in a few weeks and lose 10-0 rather than the usual 5-0. Forest have spent big and perhaps a bit naively like we did in our first season in PL but they did lose a fair few loans. But then I also think we lost a fair few loans even if only 1 was a starter - Phillips, Laird, Cantwell, Rogers, Woodman, Davis and also Cahill, Rossi and Kilkenny.
So we have replaced Laird with Fredericks and Cantwell with Rothwell and we're 2 weeks away from our first match in the toughest league in the world with a smaller squad than last season and only a few players left with that vital experience from our time in PL - Smith, Lerma, Solanke, Cook, Billing, Kelly and Brooks. Having alot of the young hungry players we have got could be an advantage being unknown and may surprise other teams but we could also do with a loan or 2 who have some PL experience and can guide these younger lads through what will be a tough season I imagine, it's going to be match after match with about 30% of the ball, constant defending, awareness and workrate chasing players technically better alot of the time and the results could be harsh to go with it.

I'm completely fine with us not spending money, the 2 free signings and accepting we're going straight back down in favour of the bigger picture of the training ground and eventual Stadium and even happy to become a yoyo club like Norwich if we play it right.

But we could do with a loan or 2, one CB and one versatile forward who can play wide, top or even behind.
We didn't exactly set the world alight in the Championship and stumbled over the line in the end and gave Forest a sniff when they were miles behind playing some conservative football. We won a few key big games that counted in the end but I'm a bit concerned that we're going to go to Man City away in a few weeks and lose 10-0 rather than the usual 5-0. Forest have spent big and perhaps a bit naively like we did in our first season in PL but they did lose a fair few loans. But then I also think we lost a fair few loans even if only 1 was a starter - Phillips, Laird, Cantwell, Rogers, Woodman, Davis and also Cahill, Rossi and Kilkenny.
So we have replaced Laird with Fredericks and Cantwell with Rothwell and we're 2 weeks away from our first match in the toughest league in the world with a smaller squad than last season and only a few players left with that vital experience from our time in PL - Smith, Lerma, Solanke, Cook, Billing, Kelly and Brooks. Having alot of the young hungry players we have got could be an advantage being unknown and may surprise other teams but we could also do with a loan or 2 who have some PL experience and can guide these younger lads through what will be a tough season I imagine, it's going to be match after match with about 30% of the ball, constant defending, awareness and workrate chasing players technically better alot of the time and the results could be harsh to go with it.

:clap:

Result means .. f√ck-all.. zero ...zilch.. I said the friendlies abroad are a waste of f√cking time and space. . stand by that savantly delivered ideaology!

Might as well have played Morecambe on their beach and had a p*ss-up on their Pier...
Hey look.. ..the players will get themselves fit somehow before the Villa fixture..then it's down to how much they want to get amongst it.. goals !

Interesting that the line up and highlights seem to heavily suggest we lined up with three at the back again, really feel as though this will be the go to set up for this season.

The highlights looked pretty promising, seems like it was quite an even game and that we created some good opportunities.

The big worry from the evening is that the only first team regular other than Brooks and Fredericks not to feature was Lloyd Kelly. If he’s injured in any way then we are well and truly in trouble, especially given that it looks like we might want to play with three centre backs.

Interesting that the line up and highlights seem to heavily suggest we lined up with three at the back again, really feel as though this will be the go to set up for this season.

The highlights looked pretty promising, seems like it was quite an even game and that we created some good opportunities.

The big worry from the evening is that the only first team regular other than Brooks and Fredericks not to feature was Lloyd Kelly. If he’s injured in any way then we are well and truly in trouble, especially given that it looks like we might want to play with three centre backs.

Not sure how we're going to play 3 at the back when we have 3 natural CB's on the books- Kelly, Mepham (liability in PL) and Hill (1 app v Boreham Wood). Yes maybe Fredericks or Smith could fill in but don't want players who are useful in attack wasted at CB really. A realistic CB loan signing Levi Colwill could flourish next to Kelly or in a 3, highly rated by Chelsea did well at Hudds last season, cons are he's not that tall or physical and hasn't been tested in PL yet but would be a good signing. Then perhaps another loan signing who would work for the team, run everywhere and who can play in various positions and has PL apps would be Almiron, not going to score much but the work rate, versaility, pace and experience would be valuable and perhaps could be a realistic loan with Newcastle looking to stack their squad with new players.

Not sure how we're going to play 3 at the back when we have 3 natural CB's on the books- Kelly, Mepham (liability in PL) and Hill (1 app v Boreham Wood). Yes maybe Fredericks or Smith could fill in but don't want players who are useful in attack wasted at CB really. A realistic CB loan signing Levi Colwill could flourish next to Kelly or in a 3, highly rated by Chelsea did well at Hudds last season, cons are he's not that tall or physical and hasn't been tested in PL yet but would be a good signing. Then perhaps another loan signing who would work for the team, run everywhere and who can play in various positions and has PL apps would be Almiron, not going to score much but the work rate, versaility, pace and experience would be valuable and perhaps could be a realistic loan with Newcastle looking to stack their squad with new players.
I think we would definitely need to recruit at least 2 more centre backs but I really do think three at the back is what he is going to go with. I’m not sure Adam Smith provides a great deal of attacking threat tbh so wouldn’t be opposed to him playing there, he did well vs Forest and Coventry in that position last season.

We won’t go into the season with Mepham and Hill as our only fit CB’s, assuming Kelly is injured and if he is by your reckoning he would have been on his way home with Fredericks. We’ve just let Rossi go too. I Expect transfer dealings to pick up pace when we return from Portugal.

;